Studied too hard

It was another day at school with dark clouds blocking the sunlight, making the atmosphere a lot darker. The second term exams were coming up and everyone was looking tense.

"Next up is the classwork battle." Professor Koro announced, as you were pushing the top end of your mechanical pencil endlessly, only to put the led back in by pushing it against the top of your desk. "Are you prepared to take the top spot, Karma and (Y/N)?" 

"Gee, I dunno. Idiots like me don't understand hard stuff." Karma answered.

But, you didn't know how to answer. You were pretty much a natural genius, and effortlessly passed your tests relatively easily. But you had doubts for this test. So many things were bothering you, and you didn't really study, either.

"I..." You bit your lower lip. "If I focus on myself more than I focus on Class A, I think I can do it." You answered.

"That's a good answer!" Professor Koro said. "For your first-term midterms, I gave everyone the goal of making the top fifty. I apologize for that. I was too impatient for results. But things are different now. You've matured in brain and spirit. You should be able to meet your goals in the face of any plot or setback. With heads held high, you will all come in the top fifty, you will receive your tickets back to the main campus, and you will graduate the E Class." He said.

Funnily enough, you weren't here for your grades. You were here to kill Professor Koro. If they did go back to the main campus before the year ends, you could be left alone, unless Professor Koro will be put in the hands of other people to kill.

"If only it were that easy." Sugino said.

"Huh?"

"The A Class has a new teacher, and you won't believe who it is... It's the board chairman. Asano's father." He said.

All your classmates fell into a deep surprise. If he was teaching, he would be pushing Class A's limits to make them have the best grades in the entire school. But at this point, he's just trying too hard.

"So that's what it's come to..." Professor Koro quietly said. 

"Honestly, I want no part of his brainwashing education." Mimura said. "His weird charisma, controlling people with a word or a glance..."

Professor Koro started getting nervous and started biting on his handkerchief

"His teaching skills put him on a par with our Mach-20 Professor Koro." Maehara commented.

"And if he's their teacher, they've probably already lost the will to defy him." Isogai rubbed his chin.

"Yeah..." Your class agreed.

When classes were over, you guys walked past the gym to go home.

"You know, they're kind of similar, the principal and Professor Koro." Fuwa said.

You were a little confused to what she just said. You thought they were the exact opposites.

"How so?" Maehara asked.

"They both have extraordinary powers, but are regular teachers." She answered. "With the principal's quick wits, he could have been prime minister or a business big-shot. But he's devoted himself to educate at just one academy."

"Huh? It's Asano." Kayano pointed out. 

"What do you want? You're not the kind of guy who'd run recon on us." Sugino said.

Asano seemed a little uncomfortable, and somewhat nervous, to your surprise.

"It pains me to say this... But I have a request." He said.