Disappointment

As you were about to step into your house, you checked the mailbox and noticed that a certain letter was in there. It was a letter from one of the high schools you applied to. Your hands felt weak and started to shake and your entire body felt weak. You were too scared to open it, and you started building up the tension by postponing opening the letter. You struggled to take off your shoes, walking into the living room exhausted your legs.

You put down your stuff and took off your coat, and picked the letter back up. You held it in one of your hands and stared at it. Your heart skipped a beat just thinking about getting rejected. You slowly tore the top of the envelope. Every sense of touch felt wrong and your hand brushing against the paper made you tremble. You opened up the letter slowly, being extra gentle, in fear that the letter would somehow break, as if it's made up of the most fragile material in the world.

You closed your eyes and fully unfolded the paper, and then you slightly opened your eyes back. You slowly read each word, and as you reached the end of the paragraph, your eyes widened. You thought that your eyes were lying to you. You let out a groan of relaxation and a tear slightly squeezed through in between your eyelids.

"Ah... Ahahaha..."

You were rejected.

~~Time skip~~

"You all got in to one of your top two schools! Congratulations!" Your teacher announced. "Splendid job wielding those second blades of yours! You'll all move on to high school like the twinkling stars you are!" Except... you... "It's a weight off my shoulders, too! We were supposed to start our final career counseling... But first, there's something I'd really like to do." You were all given confetti cannons and you all got ready to pop them. "And what does one do, on such a joyous occasion?" He built up the tension. "Editing..."

"What for?!" Your class yelled out.

"I'm making a yearbook, of course-- just for the E Class!"

"Making a yearbook?" Nagisa asked.

"Yes!" Professor Koro answered

"Oh, right-- we did a whole-school one, with Mr. Karasuma as our teacher." Kurahashi said.

"And poor Professor Koro isn't in a single shot" Yada commented.

"Actually... He popped into a few at mach speed, just under the radar." Chiba claimed.

"It's like one of those ghost photos." Sugino said.

"Exactly! That's why I want to use these photos instead!" Professor Koro took out boxes and boxes worth of pictures. "A year of unguarded moments! These treasured selfies with all of you-- thirty thousand in all! Now to find the most memorable ones together!"

He took THIRTY THOUSAND in all. That was quite a lot to go through and you were already getting a headache thinking about it.

"The official yearbook does have plenty of the usual shots..." Sugino said.

"If we're making another one, we can be more unconventional!" Hara susggested.

"Leave it to me!" Your teachers eyes started glistening. "Cool beauty Hayami at the pet shop..." He showed a picture of Hayami snuggling with a small kitten. "Oh! And here's a nightmare campus shot of mimura on air guitar!" You started getting a little paranoid now that he started showing the pictures he took without your knowledge, in fear that he might have captured something you didn't want others to see, but knowing him, he probably did take them. "I'm just getting started!" He then proceeded to take out every embarrassing photo of everyone. "Princess Kataoka, trying on her royal vestments! Dainty Muramatsu, right when a cockroach scurries out! Naked Okajima, running around the grounds at night in the buff!"