Some time off

Hi, it's been a really long time since I updated and I'm really glad a lot of you guys were patient. If you weren't, oh well. But anyways, I'm really sorry for just disappearing without a word. I've been struggling with some mental health issues, and I will drop a long author's note as soon as I drop this one. If you don't want to read it, that's fine, I won't force you to. I was just going to post that and start working on a chapter, but I already kept you guys waiting for months, so here's the update! I thought I'd make this chapter have a special ending to it to make up all the waiting I put you guys through. Enjoy!

"Can't we do anything? Do we just stand by and watch her get eaten away?" Sugino said.

He had a point. Her power was too strong for her to handle, and she was getting eaten by it. But it wasn't like you guys could do anything about it, either. None of you guys had any powers.

"Class!" Professor Koro quickly called out to you guys with his clones.

"What's with that face?" Sugaya commented.

"It's a clone! I don't have much leeway with Kayano's ferocious attacks- it's all I can do to leave an afterimage of my face!" He continued to speak while switching back and forth with fighting Kayano. "We have to remove her tentacles ASAP! They're only putting off all that abnormal heat because she's not giving any thought to her own survival! At this rate, the tentacles will suck out all her life-force and she'll die!"

You slightly gasped at that news. Though she was pretending to be nice and friendly all this time, you didn't want her to die. She was still a great friend regardless if she was pretending to be your friend or not. She was one of the first people to approach you when you moved classes, too.

"But! As long as her bloodlust matches that of her tentacles, they'll be rooted to her nerves, impossible to remove! We don't have the time to talk her down like we did with Itona!"

"Then how..." You mumbled.

"There's only one way: I'll pull them out as we fight. I'll let her hit my greatest weak spot, my heart, located just under my tie. If it's completely destroyed, I'll die. If I can make her feel like she did me in, her tentacles' bloodlust will weaken for a moment, if only a bit. And in that moment, one of you will have to make Kayano forget her bloodlust."

"Forget it? But how?"

"Whatever works. Anything to get her mind off assassination. It's the only thing I can't do. If the target of her bloodlust were to try any funny business, her bloodlust would only intensify. But if you can quell that bloodlust, the tentacle'e bond with her would momentarily be broken, and I might be able to remove them with minimal damage!"

"And Kayano's tentacles would be on your hear the whole time?" Kimura made a point. "Wouldn't you die first?"

"If I'm lucky, I'll postpone that final, fatal moment... But I'd say the odds of me dying are fifty-fifty."

"No!" Kataoka yelled out.

"But you know... For me, the entire class not being able to graduate eventfully is even worse than dying."

Professor Koro was then attacked pretty brutally, and his clone disappeared. 

Trying to think of something to distract her with was complicated. She had the upper hand compared to you all, and she was too powerful to even do something.

"Mimura..." Yoshida called.

"Hm?"

"Play some air guitar." He said.