Back On School Grounds

It was one September morning, and you still had a few days left before you officially went back to school after break. You just woke up and couldn't stop thinking about that night. You weren't dreaming, nor were you hallucinating. It was real.

You were screaming into your pillow, when you suddenly got a text message from Kayano.

Kaede, 9:24 AM:

"Hey, (Y/N)! I was wondering if you could come on campus around 10 AM! I have something planned to kill Professor Koro. I'm rounding up everyone else, too."

You, 9:25 AM:

"Yeah, I can come. What's the plan?"

Kaede, 9:25 AM:

"I'll explain when you get here. Also, show up in your uniform, since this is the 'Class E meeting."

You, 9:25 AM:

"Alright, I'll see you then!"

You quickly got up and changed into your uniform. When you went downstairs to tell your uncle, he wasn't around. Instead, you saw a note on the kitchen counter, saying that he's at the campus and Kaede told him about her plan. You figured that he had to be there early, since he is kinda like your boss. You grabbed a quick breakfast on the way out and went to the train station.

When you got to the campus, you saw Karma walking up. He glanced in your direction and you looked the other way without making eye contact for even a second.

You speed-walked to the building and put your head down on your desk. You completely forgot you sat next to him.

Shortly, Karma sat down on his desk and said good morning to you.

"Good morning, (Y/N)! How was your night?"

He said it as if nothing happened. He definitely didn't forget about it, and he was probably teasing with you.

"It was okay..." You replied with your head still down.

You started thinking about last night, how he went shopping with you, went to the festival together, and how he kissed you under the bright fireworks. You then continued and thought about he walked you home and when you guys were at the front gates, he whispered something into your ear, but your mind was so blank you didn't hear what he said and you rushed inside your home.

"You're not gonna look at me?"

You turned your head in his direction, and turned back without making eye contact.

Soon after, the meeting started.

"What brings us together here today during a school break, no less, is the nation's current egg glut, in which excess eggs. Rather than being sent to marker, are being discarded in bulk." Kaede explain at the front of the classroom.

"Oh, yeah- I heard about that on the news. What a waste!"

"Right? So I came up with a plan to salvage those discarded eggs and assassinate Professor Koro."

"What, kill him with eggs?" Nakamura asked.

"Huh, so you cook up a dish, toss in some of these babies?" Terasaka said as he tossed some anti-Professor Koro bullets up and down in his hand. "Like he won't see right through that."