All an act

You were now back in school, and so many of your classmates were talking about what happened on the previous day. Of course you miss the days when something dramatic happens.

However, you haven't seen Karma all day. You hadn't seen him in the morning, and you knew he wouldn't skip all his classes. He's not present for most of the time, but it was strange for him to not show up at all.

You tried to focus, since your class was going over the play that was going to take place soon. The story seemed kinda lame, but it's not like other classes expected the best out of us. Class E has been pretty alright for you, but other people in school seemed to disagree, even after proving that you guys can beat Class A.

After a few days had passed, it was the day for the play. For today, you guys headed straight to the main campus to hold the play. You were hoping to see Karma today, but he still wasn't here.

You saw Nagisa and Kayano walking together, and you decided to ask them if they knew about anything, since you knew them as pretty close friends to him.

"Hey, Nagisa and Kaede!" You called out as you ran up to them.

"(Y/N)! What's up?" Nagisa said.

"I was wondering if you knew where Karma was today. I didn't see him at all and I was curious if you knew anything."

"Didn't you hear?" Kayano tilted her head slightly. "He's feeling sick today, so he's been at home. Didn't he tell you? I thought you'd be the first person to know, since you guys hangout often."

"Oh..." You were confused. Did he catch it from you?

"That's pretty funny, considering you were sick not too long ago, and now him." Nagisa smiled awkwardly.

"Dammit..." You muttered. "Okay, thanks you guys!" You said and ran off.

"Wait, what about the play?!" Kaede asked you, but you were already too far away to hear what she said.

You started running to the train station and instead of going on your regular train, you went to the one he takes. You blamed yourself for him catching the cold from you, and you thought that you had to do something about it.

You cursed to yourself the whole way there, and when you reached his home, you tried knocking on his door. No answer. You even tried ringing the doorbell, but there was still no response. You tried peaking through the small flap on the door that was meant for newspapers, and when you looked into the hallway, the entire house was dark. No lights were turned on.

You've got to be kidding me...

You continued knocking on the door, hoping for an answer. You even had to call out his name.

"Hey, Karma! It's me, (Y/N)! Can you open the door, please? Are you even there?!" You shouted.

You even tried throwing small twigs and pebbles to the window to his room, but there was no reply. You tried texting and calling him, but he didn't answer neither of them.

You then turned to your last option, and that was trying to look for a spare key that he might've hidden. You looked under potted plants and the door mat, but of course they weren't there, since Karma was smarter than that. You tried to think like he would. He was sneaky, and might put it in an easy place to find, but not too easy like under a doormat or a potted plant. He would try to throw people off by making them overthink, when they really shouldn't. 

You decided to look through the potted plant again, but instead of looking under, you looked inside and through the dirt. You lifted some of the rocks within, and to your surprise, one of them didn't lift easily as it should have. It was like it was actually inside the soil, and not on top.