17

I woke up in the morning just wanting to cry. My door opened. "Hey. Um. There's breakfast downstairs." I hear Moon awake. I gotta get up...I don't wanna face them though.
~~~~~~
My door opened. "Sweetheart?" I just looked at him. "D-dad."

"Hey baby. Here's your breakfast."

"Thanks..." He just looked at me. "I can't believe I haven't seen you in forever. I really wanted to but I couldn't by law."

"What do you mean?"

"Your mom got full custody of you after we divorced." I don't understand. "You look confused..."

"So you didn't leave because of drugs?"

"Drugs? No. Your mom kicked me out. She divorced me after I decided I didn't wanna be a lawyer. I decided I wanted to be a teacher instead."

"A teacher?"

"Yeah I teach middle school."

"Wait my mom said that you turned to drugs after you flunked out of law school."

"No.. I never went to law school she wanted us to be lawyers together. When I told her I wasn't she yelled at me. She said that she was gonna start putting lawyer stuff around you so that you grow up to be one so she felt successful." I don't know what to do. "Do you believe me sweetheart?"

"Yeah."

"Let's talk about your life. I missed so much."

"Well. After my mom told me you were dead I went mute for five years. I just started talking awhile ago."

"Mute? I can't believe your mom did that to you."

"I know..."

"Hm. I have a house just like this. You should come stay with me."

"Really? Can I?"

"Yeah. Well if you don't wanna stay here. Your daughter can too."

"I'll think about it."

"Great. I have to go. Give me your number and let me know. "

"Okay." I gave him my number. "Can we hug?"

"Of course baby. Eat your breakfast. I'll see you later."

"Bye." He walked out. "Did you go with the story?"

"No. She deserves the truth. You pretend I'm dead then lie to her. You're a horrible mom."

"Don't ever come back here."

"I'll be back when she decides if she wants to live with me."

"Live with you?"

"She hasn't seen her 'dead' dad in five years and you let her decide to be mute thinking I was dead and continued to lead her on."

"I couldn't stop her."

"Why did you guys decide to tell her now then?"

"Because she's talking..."

"She would've never stop and it's all your fault."

"Don't talk to her like that."

"Keith? You tryna save her? We were best friends in highschool and you continued the lie. You know how much Unique means to me and you still decided to lie with her."

"I love Janice-."

"And you think I don't? I got divorced because I didn't want to be a lawyer. That's crazy." My door opened. "Pick the right choice okay baby? I miss you so much."