27

We went inside. "Mom! Dad!" A woman came out of the kitchen. "This is Unique."

"Oh my gosh. She's so cute. Exactly how you described her."

"Yeah where's Dad?"

"He's upstairs. Go get him."

"Okay."

"Hi Unique. I'm Prince's mom."

"Hi. Nice to meet you." She hugged me. "Prince talks about you none stop. Like he tries not to but he can't help it."

"That's very sweet of him."

"Yeah." He came down with his dad. He's adopted...
"Hey you must be the lucky lady that my son never stops talking about."

"Um I guess. Im-."

"I know you're Unique." He hugged me. "Are you staying for dinner?"

"Oh yeah she's staying overnight."

"Oh okay."

"Well dinner will be in a few. Maybe we can get to know you better."

"We already know a lot about you."

"Okay."

"We're gonna go upstairs and study. She has a test coming up."

"Oh okay. You guys have fun." We went upstairs. "So um. Were you going to tell me?"

"Yeah. I just don't know how that would come up in conversation. 'Oh I have white parents, I was adopted.' "

"When we were talking in the car maybe."

"I guess."

"Don't be afraid to tell me things."

"I know baby." I take out my books and notebooks. Something's going on with him.
~~~~~
"Guys! Dinner!"

"Come on." We went downstairs. "You guys can sit together or across from each other."

"Let's just sit here."

"Great." She sat plates in front us. She started putting food on the plates. "Do you want help Miss?"

"Oh. Really?"

"Mh."

"O-okay um sure. Thank you." I helped her put food on the plates. "Okay guys dinner is served." We sat down. "Wait before we eat let's bow our heads and pray." I look at them now their heads. "Um miss?" She looked up. "I've never done this in my house before. I'm sorry if I interupted something important. I'm kinda uncomfortable."

"Oh. I'm so sorry sweetheart."

"It's okay. I'm sorry if I ruined something."

"No no you didn't."

"Okay."

"We don't have to pray tonight. Just for our new addition." I smile and Prince grabbed my hand. "Thank you. I still feel really bad."

"It's okay. You're fine sweetheart."

"Okay."
They were very sweet people. We talked about everything not everything but most things. Everyone knows about Jonah and I so it doesn't matter. They didn't bring it up. They are really nice. "Okay anyone want seconds? Unique?"

"No thank you. That was a lot of food for me." They laugh. "I understand sweetheart."

"Thanks for the food mom."

"Yeah thanks miss."

"No problem guys."

"Do you want help?"