28

I unlock the door. There's some kind of van outside. I go upstairs. "Maybe a yellow is good. Maybe a pastel." I push the door open. "What's going on in here?"

"Oh we're painting the baby's room."

"Oh."

"You missed school today?"

"Yep."

"Baby your attendance is horrible. You won't be able to graduate."

"That sucks doesn't it? Maybe you'll have your lawyer with whatever your having."

"Have you been smoking?"

"Why would you care?"

"What about school? Your grades are already low."

"Grades? What about my health or where I was or why didn't I go to school? Everything comes to me being good at school do you even care about me?"

"Of course I do sweetheart."

"Well. I don't wanna graduate and I'm not going to that lawyer school. Prince and I are going out of state when school is over."

"Prince? Sweetheart. You can't do that. You can't leave."

"Why not? You don't want everyone to know your disappointment of a daughter? You wanna fake my death?"

"Sweetheart, you've been smoking. You don't mean what your saying. Maybe you should go lay down."

"Oh I mean it." I go into my room. I like this new house. I'm far from my parents. My dad came in. "You need to fix your attitude. I heard what you said to mom."

"Get out of my room."

"I want you at school tomorrow."

"No. I'm done with school."

"You need to start listening to me. I let you be carefree but now you're out of control."

"What you're gonna do? Beat me?"

"Just stop."

"Whatever."
~~~~~~
"I don't feel good."

"It's okay. You're gonna live. You'll be okay."

"Mom..."

"Shh. It's okay. Stay awake. The doctors will help you and get that medicine out of your system."
~~~mm'~'
"She's waking up." I fully open my eyes. "Hi sweetheart." I look around. "You okay?"
I started crying. "I'm so sorry guys. I'm so selfish."

"You had a reason baby."

"Where's Prince?"

"He's coming."

"I'm so selfish and stupid. I just didn't have my way anymore and you guys were so focused on your new baby and didn't bother to ask me anything. Anything other than 'Unique are you going to school? Or 'Unique do you want dinner?' That's all you guys have been saying for the past few months."

"We're so sorry baby."

"I know I was rude towards you guys but I just wanted you guys to love me."

"We do love you."

"I was really mad about you being there mom and you guys getting married and having a baby but then it just slowly tutned into you don't even think about me anymore and you ask me the same two questions everyday. As that happened I guess it slowly tutned into depression... You guys don't care about me just say it."

"We do care about you."

"Your worried that I'll be living with you all my life and you won't have room for your baby."