3

I can't believe she invited him to watch me try to walk. I'm just now realizing that that's what she did. Is she trying to embarrass me? Well anyways. It's currently Saturday morning and I'm just staring at the wall. I'm hoping that my mom makes breakfast but I don't think she is because when Brian came home, I'm pretty sure they had some nasty sex. It sounded nasty. I'ma have to confront her and say and I can hear everything that goes on in her room. Including the disgusting sex they had last night. I was supposed to be sleeping I won't lie but how could I sleep to that? I would have to sign it to her wouldn't I? My door opened. "Hey sweetheart. Good morning. I'm sorry I'm late. I had a very long night."

I bet.

"Okay umm. I'll start on something quick for breakfast." She turned my Tv on and help me sit up. Then she walked out. I put on something random. Then something came to my phone.

???:Good morning beautiful.

Oh this must be Vincent

Me: hi

Vincent: can't wait to see you

Me: thats sweet of you to say

Brian came in. "I had the time of my life with your mother last night. Too bad you couldn't stop us. Haha. I made her moan so loud just so you could hear. I know you hate me Unique but I don't care. It's not like you're gonna get your dead dad on me. FYI I hate you too. I only married your mom for her money. Once she dies the money is mine and so are you."

"Oh hey guys. What's wrong sweetheart?"

"I don't know I came in and she was just crying." Fucking bitch.

Mom I don't like him. He talked about dad and only liking you for money.
She looked at him. "What did she say?"

"I'll talk to him about it sweetheart."

He's gonna deny everything mom.

"Here's your grilled cheese sweetheart. Your apple juice too."

Thank you.

She pulled Brian out. I hate him. I should've killed him when I got the chance. He takes advantage of that I can't speak and the fact that my mom loves him.
~~~~~~~~
I'm starting to hate my mom as much as I hate Brian. Not one time did she yell at him or even came back to tell me she wasn't going to kick him out. She's so in denial and he makes it worse. She came in.

Why isn't he gone?

"Look... baby...I need Brian. He's the best thing that's happened for us."

You mean you.

"He loves us."

He loves you. He doesn't care about how I feel or me in general.

"That's not true sweetheart... let's get you ready for therapy." She's the only one who fucking needs therapy.

~~~~~~~
"Alright this is so much easier now that you have two people with you." He massaged my left leg. "Do you think you can lift it? Or that's for another day."

I can try.

"Okay let's try it." He slowly lifted it. "Is it okay?" I nodded. "Okay let's try the other one."
~~~~~~~~
"You need to try to move them at home. Maybe next week after the next few days we can probably try walking."I nodded.

~~~~~~~
We were in the car driving to Vincent's place. "Miss?"
"Hm?"

"Is it okay if I take Unique on a date?" Oh. "If she wants to. I'm glad you've taken a liking to my daughter."

"Of course." He's so sweet. "Where are you trying to take her?"

"Maybe to the movies. I don't have much money. I hope that's okay with you guys?" He looked back. I nodded. "Yeah that's fine."

"Okay great."

"Oh. Do you have any siblings?"

"Yes I have seven."

"Oh wow."

"Yeah my mom slept around a lot especially when she had me. None of them are twins."

"Wow."

"I'm not really proud of it but I guess it's okay. Do you have any other kids miss?"

"Oh no. Unique is my only. I had her young so there's no way I would have anymore kids."

"Oh okay." We made it to his house. "Thanks for the ride."

"No problem sweetheart. Stay safe."

"You too. I'll see you at school Unique." I waved. "He's good for you sweetheart." She started driving. "He doesn't mind that you're quiet. He seems like he really likes you. There aren't many guys like that. Especially guys looking for girlfriends. Well not many highschool guys. Wait until you get you a grown man. They're amazing."

"Except for Brian."

I gave her the notebook. She sighed. "Baby we need Brian. He's good for us. He loves us. You might not see it but I really love him."

"I don't need him. He's rude to me and he talks about dad. He doesn't love me."

"Baby. You need a father in your life. He barely knew your dad. So you should just ignore him." Ignore-okay hmm.

"You're a horrible mom."

"You don't mean that. Brian is the one. I know it. I miss your dad I really do but he would've wanted me to move on. Sweetheart I've struggled with getting over losing him and I still do. Brian is a good distraction. I think about him everyday and it tries to take over me. I got help and all you did was shut your mouth for five years like a little kid.......I'm sorry.. I-I didn't mean that sweetheart.... Unique I'm sorry." I leaned my head on the window while tears fell from my eyes.
~~~~~~~~
When I got in bed I started crying more and more. "I'm sorry baby. I love Brian. I can't let him go. I know you don't really like him but I want to be happy. No one can really take your dad's spot but I have someone similar. I'm really sorry. Lunch in a few." She walked out. I really hate her.