19

I hear the house phone ringing. I'm too tired. I get up and pick up. "Hello? This is stanford hospital."

"Oh. Oh my God. So did my baby pass away?"

"Yes she passed away this morning." I didn't say anything trying to hold in my tears. "Ma'am?" I hung up. I can't. My dad came in. "Hi sweetheart. Why are you up so early?"

"They just called and told me Moon died this morning."

"Oh."

"I'm going back to sleep."

"I gotta go to the school. I'll be back around three."

"Okay."
~~~~~
I had a dream about my baby. I can't believe I lost her. I don't wanna know how or why. I hear someone come in. Who is that? I get up and walk out. "Oh Tanya."

"Hi. I'm sorry about Moon."

"It's okay."

"Are you hungry sweetheart?"

"No I'm fine."
"Come here." I went to her. She hugged me. "I know how it feels to lose a child. Not a baby but he was two so."

"What happened?"

"Well I left him at home alone because I was just going to the store to get some cereal really quick. When I got back. I saw that a drawer fell on him."

"I'm so sorry."

"Your dad told me tons of things about you. You were the sweetest little girl and you still are."

"How? I've had a baby. I'm far from little."

"Don't let that change you too much. Your still innocent. You can still give your body up to the perfect one."

"Give my body up? Why do you say it like that?"

"Your not a virgin anymore."

"I didn't just give my body away. It was taken from me."

"It doesn't matter." I let her go. "I'll know when I wanna give myself away again on purpose. You don't know anything about me."

"Who was he?"

"None of your business." I went back to my room and locked the door. "You can't hide from your problems anymore."

"Leave me alone." God...
~~~~~~~~
"Sweetheart. I'm home!" He knocked on my door. I open the it. "Hey."

"Hi.."

"You talk to your boyfriend today?"

"No. He was at school."

"Oh okay.

"I don't like your girlfriend. Tanya."

"Who? Oh Tanya. Why don't you like her?"

"She's rude."

"Oh I'll talk to her." I sat on the couch. "What was your first time like? Was it with mom?"

"Uh no. I lost it young.  My babysitter when I was twelve took it from me. She forced me to it."

"Does Mom know?"

"No. Why do you ask?"

"I don't know..I just...I had one time to really give it to someone special but instead he just..."

"Well sweetheart you can still do it with someone special. It'll be better. I promise. The next time I did it was with your mom. I was twenty and I promise it's better when it's with someone special."

"Okay."

"Do you think Jonah is your special one?"

"Maybe. He told me he loved me last night."