24

A few days later
"Good morning Ms. William."

"Hi." I sat down. "Your more early than usual. You haven't been to school lately."

"Um. Yeah something changed."

"I hope you're okay."

"Yeah I'm fine."
~~~~~~~~~
Third period is so boring. I just wanna get to lunch. "Unique?" I look up. "Come with me." I walk out with her. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

"Do you wanna go to the nurse and lay down? You look like you didn't get any sleep."

"Um I guess. I do have a headache. I've had it since I woke up this morning."

"Okay go get your bag. You're not getting any work done so you might need to rest."

"Okay." I went in and grabbed my bookbag. "I got a officer to walk you to the nurse."

"Thank you. Thank you so much."

"Come with me."
~~~~~~
"Can you wake me up for lunch Miss?"

"Sure sweetheart. I want you to sleep as much as you can though sweetheart. So I'll have food brought to you."

"Thanks. Everyone is so nice in this school."
~~~~~~
"Unique?" I open my eyes. "Jonah? Why are you here? I broke up with you."

"That doesn't mean I don't care about you."

"Did you care about me when you cheated?"

"I know I made a mistake."

"Mistakes."

"I might've cheated more than once but I was gonna tell you." I coughed. "You think that would've made the situation better or any different?"

"You okay sweetheart?"

"I'm fine."

"You've been in here all day?"

"Since third period."

"Excuse me miss?"

"Hm?"

"Why is she being treated like this?"

"Treated like what?"

"Like a fucking princess."

"Excuse me? No foul language."

"No foul language? I bet if Unique cussed you would let her."

"What is.... what is wrong with you?" I tried to sit up. "Sweetheart lay back down."

"When was the last time you slept?"

"Um maybe Monday. I took a short nap." Someone came in. "Oh hi Damien."

"Hey. The school just called me. I was the last person you called apparently. You missed lunch so here."

"Thank you."

"Who is that?"

"He's a friend of my dad."

"Oh. I better leave."

"Who are you?"

"I'm her ex."

"You're why she hasn't been sleeping. You know that?"

"Yeah. I'm gonna go." He walked out. "I just talked to your dad. He said he can come home if he needs to."

"No I'm fine."

"Okay. I'm gonna go now. I collected your work and I'm gonna bring it to your house."

"Okay thanks."