Saturday Night's Alright Part 2

DYLAN

"I can do this!"

The teen dalmatian was determined, although he knew this was going to be a long day.

Delilah had stopped the car, and while the dalmatians were getting ready to get out of the car, Dylan mentally went over his task.

"No matter how, I have to come to terms with the top dog of their family."

He opened the car door and then got out, facing his battlefield.

Dearly's is a family friendly restaurant that Dylan's family has frequented for years, the former owner being one of his father's oldest clients. Being one of the few places Dylan felt comfortable besides his own home, the young dalmatian knew every little bit of the place perfectly, and that was his greatest advantage in succeeding in the plan.

As soon as they entered the restaurant, the dalmatians saw the receptionist, who smiled a lot when he saw them.

"Delilah! It is a pleasure to see you guys again!"

"(chuckles) Hello, Roger." - The mother replied, smiling when she saw a man. "Never thought I would meet you at the reception after being promoted."

The man scratched behind his neck, blushing slightly.

"Well, I'm still getting used to it, but being the manager doesn't mean staying in an office all the time." He then looked at the pups and smiled gently. "You know I love receiving customers."

The pups all laughed briefly, while Dylan allowed himself a smile.

Roger is the son of the former owner of the restaurant, and a college friend of Dylan's father. In fact, it was Roger who referred his friend to his father, and as long as Dylan could remember the family visited and were received either by Roger or by his father.

And the last time the Dalmatian family was here, it was precisely for Roger's father's retirement party, whose decided it was time for his son to take over.

"Well, I'm glad you're adapting." Delilah said, feeling happy for her friend.

"And I'm happy to see you again." Roger then looked at Dylan, blinking discreetly. "Will you want the usual table? Your timing is perfect as it is currently available."

Dylan blushed a little at that moment.

After he developed his OCD, he spent years insisting that the family sit in the same place, and now that he has overcome this, the young dalmatian felt a little ashamed.

"It won't be necessary. In fact, we have a reservation for tonight."

At that, Roger raised an eyebrow, puzzled.

"For tonight?"

At that, Delilah noticed Roger's reaction, and felt a little worried.

"I mean, the reservation was made, but not in my name. We're with Doug Dalmatian."

Upon hearing this, Roger breathed a sigh of relief. Forgetting a reservation in the name of your late friend's family seemed to be unforgivable for the human.

"Gosh, for a moment I almost died." A thought occurred to the man, and he looked at Delilah with a curious look. "And where do you know Mr. Doug from? Is he one of your distant relatives?"

She hesitated for a moment, thinking about how to answer this to someone who knew her husband personally, but before she could answer, Dizzy spoke.