You Can Call It The Unexpected...

As for the three dots in the title, it is because the next chapter's title continues the sentence.

*

HAUSER

Anxious was not enough to describe the state of mind of Hauser Quaid at that moment.

On this Saturday afternoon, the old Dalmatian was in the City of London, inside a delivery truck.

Although the exterior was made to look like it was a delivery vehicle from a bakery, the interior had nothing to do with bakery or desserts. The sides of the vehicle were well equipped, with computers and very advanced monitoring devices on one side, while on the other side there was a marble countertop with a built-in cabinet below and a microwave on top, as well as a mini fridge next to it. In the middle were a few swivel chairs, with three currently occupied.

In one of the chairs was Hauser, wearing his "stealth" overcoat and feeling like a true James Hound.

In the other occupied chairs were two similarly dressed dogs, wearing what could only be described as hooded ninja outfits with openings for the ears and with the arms exposed, mostly black with tabard vest, protection at the bottom of the legs and mask in another color.

One of them was a Japanese Spitz whose all-white coat contrasted well with the black and green of his outfit, in addition to having on his back a large leather backpack in the same green color as the outfit, which had a cubic shape and was full of pockets. The dog was intently watching one of the surveillance computer screens, and due to the Spitz's short stature, the chair was adjusted to its maximum height.

The other was a reddish-orange and white Shiba Inu wearing black and red and carrying pistols, nunchaku and a pair of swords, whose mask and pair of swords were on the countertop. The dog was staring intently at the microwave as he salivated, waiting for a frozen burrito to be heated.

Suddenly, the sound of something hitting the top of the truck caught the three's attention, followed by a rhythmic thump.

The "green ninja" then pressed a button on the main keyboard, opening a secret door in the ceiling.

As soon as the secret door opened, another ninja dog entered the spy vehicle, landing on the ground with such grace and subtlety that it didn't even make a sound.

This dog was an Akita Inu with a vibrant orange and icy white coat, and even with the mask on, it was possible to see that his face had several lines of flaws in the coat, the result of old scars.

He was wearing a purple variant of the ninja suit, and unlike the other two, who had equipment in their own individual color, he carried a small green one-strap backpack on his back.

The Akita then stood up, and after taking the backpack off his back, handed it to the green ninja.

"The device is already in place." Said the purple ninja, his voice very professional and neutral.

The Spitz then took the bag, immediately nodding.

"Thanks. I'll get everything ready to go as soon as they arrive."

The Akita nodded as well, and Hauser smiled with satisfaction.

It was then that the microwave beeped, and the three of them immediately looked at the red ninja.