Lunch Will Keep Us Together

Chapter with cooking. Their lunch will have some gourmet style dishes, so I'll put some images of the dishes in question in my notes at the end to help with any doubts, since I only discovered the existence of most of these dishes after I did some research.

*

*

*

DANTE

"And here we are!" Doug said, turning off the van's engine.

Dante and his siblings looked out the windows, and were impressed by what they saw.

The van was parked next to Delilah's car on the sidewalk, and in front of both vehicles was a house that made theirs look even smaller.

"Is this where we are going to live?" Dee Dee asked, her tail wagging happily. "It looks like a mansion!"

Dante laughed at the little girl's exaggeration, but he couldn't deny that the house looked much better than the one they inhabit now.

Soon, they got out of the van and headed for the door, where something caught the attention of his siblings.

"What is that?" Delgado asked, pointing to a device beside the door.

Even though he already knew about the machine, Dante was impressed to finally see one of the inventions that Dawkins had in the house.

And his siblings even more since they didn't know what it was.

"It looks like a biometric reader..." Dimitri 1 said, looking at the device with interest while scratching his chin. "It looks more realistic than any I've seen in movies."

"(chuckles) That's because it's real." Doug said, attracting everyone's attention except Dante and Dolly. "According to Delilah, Dawkins installed a very advanced security system in the house."

The others looked closely at the reader saying 'ooooo', and Dante was a little puzzled to see that Dolly also seemed to already know about it.

"Maybe Dylan told her?"

Doug then pressed the doorbell button, and after a few seconds they heard a strange electronic sound followed by the sound of the door lock opening.

As soon as the door opened, they were greeted by Delilah, wearing a light blue shirt and beige shorts.

"Glad you finally arrived." She came over and kissed Doug, and the younger ones made some comical disgusted faces. She then looked at Dante and the others smiling "Ready to see the house where you are going to live?"

The others started wagging their tails and entered happily, while Dante raised an eyebrow.

"Something is wrong." He then closed his eyes, concentrating. "Dad and Delilah are nervous about whatever they are going to tell us, but other than that there is also another thing worrying her."

Dante wasn't sure how to proceed.

If it were with Doug, he would wait a moment when the two were alone to ask, but he still didn't feel that the bond between him and his future stepmother was close enough.

"I think I'd better talk to Dawkins about it."

It didn't take long and they found themselves in the living room, where almost everyone else was sitting on the carpet, while Dylan was absent, Deepak was meditating on a yoga ball and Dawkins was sitting on the couch.