Mommy's Alright, Daddy's Alright, They Just Seem A Little Weird

In the notes, an explanation of something that occurs in this chapter, as well as a very interesting trivia.

*

DYLAN

"BREAKFAST!!!" Dylan and Dolly screamed together.

Like every other day this week, their siblings soon arrived, but this time, Doug and Delilah were right behind.

Depending on which shift the parents were working, one would expect one or both of them to be either working or sleeping after a shift at this time, but due to today being special, everyone would be having breakfast together.

Being the last day of the first week of the school year for anthro students, today would be Take your Kids to Work Day, so everyone would leave the house together.

At the moment, everyone was eating, with some conversation taking place between them.

But Dylan wasn't paying much attention.

The young Dalmatian was trying to hide it, but he occasionally glanced at DJ, as he had been doing for a few days now.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

WEDNESDAY MORNING . . . _________________________________________________________________________________________

"Wait, so it's not because of the pills?" Dolly said, raising an eyebrow.

The two were in the park, sitting on a bench. Since no one else in the house would wake up for at least an hour, Dolly convinced Dylan that they could take a break in the park to talk alone, and today's topic was Dylan's doctor's appointment from yesterday.

"That's right. According to the Dr. Samson, I'd been taking vitamins since October of last year, when I thought he'd agreed to give me antidepressants again."

Dolly then looked at him with concern.

"So what are you going to do now?"

"Well, I've already spoken to mom, and she's going to try to schedule a full checkup as soon as possible. In the meantime, I'll try not to push myself too hard, and Dr. Samson asked me to keep taking the pills until finishing this batch."

Dolly seemed to be less worried, but apparently also curious about the last part.

"Seriously? But if they aren't real antidepressants, why keep taking them?"

At that, Dylan shrugged and rolled his eyes.

"Well, I really wanted to know. From what I understand, he's afraid that DJ will think his pills are also just vitamins and stop taking them." Dylan then looked at Dolly with a raised eyebrow. "Do you have any idea why it's so important for DJ to take his antidepressants?"

To Dylan's surprise, the girl looked away, biting her lip and looking quite anxious.

"Well... I don't know if I should tell you... especially if DJ hasn't told you yet."

That got Dylan even more interested.

He then sat with a firmer posture and looked at the girl with determination.