Who's In Charge Here?

A small difference in this chapter:

I am not going to focus on a specific point of view, because in this chapter we will have intimate thoughts of multiple characters.

Even so, I will put short parts at the end, similar to the multiple post-credits in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

*

*

*

ONE YEAR AND SEVEN MONTHS AGO. . .

It was a December morning, and Dylan was standing in front of the south entrance to the park, his tail wagging with anxiety and an excited smile on his face.

"Oh, dog! I still can't believe I'm going to do this for the first time!" His smile increased even more, and his tail starts wagging madly. "And to make it better, I'm going to do this with Dolly!"

Dylan had planned all the details, all the variables, and most of all, thought of alternatives in case something went wrong.

This was a very special day, and he wanted to make sure it was perfect.

"Wow, you're really excited." A voice said coming from behind, and when he turned, he saw Dolly, looking at him with a playful smirk. "You must really like birthdays."

She hugged him and Dylan laughed briefly, immediately returning the hug.

"Well, I never had the chance to spend the morning of my birthday with a friend who has a birthday on the same day as me." He then moved away from Dolly, smiling even more. "I still don't believe we even have that in common."

It was a really big surprise for both of them.

It all started when Dylan tried to invite Dolly to a party the following week, hoping to finally introduce her to his family.

He was momentarily saddened to hear that she already had plans for that afternoon, and she felt guilty for not being able to go to her friend's party. But when they realized that this day would be the birthday of both dalmatians, the two were overcome by a mixture of awe, joy, and excitement.

They then decided that if they couldn't go to each other's parties in the afternoon, they could at least do something together in the morning.

"Hehe. I know." Dolly laughed and shrugged, highly excited to find out what Dylan had planned. She then raised an eyebrow, looking at Dylan curiously. "And what do you want to do today, birthday boy?"

"Considering that today is such a special day, I know exactly what to do." He then started walking, guiding Dolly through the park. "Come on, it's not far."

Dolly nodded, and the two found themselves talking as they headed towards the park's west entrance, and after leaving the park Dylan took her to an ice cream parlor.

"Winter Funderland?" Dolly asked, raising an eyebrow. "I didn't know there was an ice cream parlor so close to the park."

"Oh, this is no ordinary ice cream parlor." Dylan exclaimed, wagging his tail with energy. "This is Candem's best ice cream parlor."

Dolly smiled skeptically. She wasn't sure she could trust someone so obsessed with details to judge an establishment like this, but she followed Dylan nonetheless. They sat across from each other at a table for two, and an waitress approached with a menu smiling gently.