Talk About Where We're Goin'

DANTE & DAWKINS

It was Thursday afternoon, and Dante and Dawkins were sitting on a bench in the park, watching closely as Delgado and Dee Dee helped Dizzy skate on a ramp for the first time. turn.

Dawkins was slightly concerned when Dee Dee suggested this, but as soon as he saw that the 'ramp' itself looked more like a slight slope on the ground, the scientific dalmatian calmed down.

The best friends, who will become brothers, and who are also third cousins, were at the park not only to have a little fun, but also to see if the new situation made any difference in the way they interact with each other. with the other.

And surprisingly, it looked like nothing had changed.

"You know, this is very strange." Dante said, breaking the silence. "Our siblings seem to be happier or else bothered by the fact that we are related, but I don't feel any different." He then looked in the direction of Dawkins, with a raised eyebrow. "How are you doing?"

Dawkins put a hand on his chin and began to ponder. Within seconds, he already had an answer.

"I don't feel any difference either, at least in the way I feel about you." He then smiled awkwardly, blushing a little. "But I admit that I feel a little guilty for not having united our family before."

Dante nodded, scratching his chin.

"Yeah, I feel bad for that too. I mean, it's good to know that we were always from the same family, but after a conversation I had with DJ two days ago, I can't stop thinking that I could have at least taken you home to meet Daddy, or at least talked about 'your' family."

Dawkins found it funny how Dante waved his fingers like quotation marks, and soon something occurred to him.

"Actually, that might not have worked out very well, since he thought the whole family hated him."

"Hehe. Yeah, maybe he even forbade me to see you for fear of your mother finding out who your best friend's father was." They both laughed at the idea, but Dante soon took on a sad tone. "I still can't believe that someone as kind as my father is the son of such a terrible dog."

Dawkins couldn't help shivering at the thought of Doug's father.

"Me neither, and besides, he is the son of dogs so generous that they helped raise 74 pups that had no family." Dawkins' incredulity gave way to surprise and his eyes widened. "Oh, kibbles! That explains everything."

Dante was intrigued by Dawkins' sudden change of emotion, and looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"What's wrong?"

Dawkins looked straight at Dante, smiling with his eyes still wide.

"Dante, that means my great-aunt Missy is your great-grandmother."

Dante didn't understand it at first, but then his eyes widened too.

Dawkins used Missy as a reference to believe in Dante's senses, as several relatives confirmed seeing evidence that her intuitions were right.

And considering the size of the family, that meant a lot of witnesses.

"And that might explain why I'm so intuitive." Dante smiled, but was soon confused. "But I thought you said there was no other case in the family."

"There was no other confirmed case in the family, at least until now. I even considered Deepak to have some degree of this ability, but I thought it was something related to meditation. In addition, a third cousin who lives on the farm always seems to know when the weather's going to change." Dawkins then started wagging his tail, extremely excited. "If we ask other family members if they feel any strong intuition before doing something, we may discover others."