New Divide

I wanted to update earlier, but was short on time this weekend. If all goes well, the next chapter will be ready on Friday or Saturday.

*

*

*

DEEPAK

It was a quiet Wednesday afternoon, and Deepak was in the park, sitting on the grass while meditating.

After a while, he felt someone touching his arm and opened his eyes, looking up and smiling slightly when he saw who caught his attention.

Behind him was a siamese mixed cat with piercing blue eyes, with the characteristic brown areas on the hands, feet and center of the face, but with a coat closer to ice gray than cream and light gray stripes near the hands. He wore a collar with a silver spheric bell, a green shirt with gold details and black pants, as well as walking barefoot.

As soon as Deepak looked at him, the cat smiled and started to gesture with his hands.

"Hello, Deepak. Have you been waiting a long time?"

In fact, the Dalmatian had arrived about an hour ago, but he would not say so. He had arranged to meet with his friends at the place where they usually meet, but decided to take the chance to spend time alone.

He smiled self-consciously and promptly answered his friend's question.

"Hello, Loki. I arrived early to meditate a little, so I didn't notice the time passing."

The cat smiled and rolled his eyes playfully, promptly sitting across from Deepak with some distance between them.

"I don't understand how you can do that. Sometimes it even seems like you are one of the followers of Guru Meow.

The pup rolled his eyes, also smiling.

"That would be very strange, since most of the quotes are to belittle dogs."

"Who looks down on dogs?" A female voice said, drawing their attention.

They then noticed a Dachshund girl with a light brown coat, wearing a red shirt and denim shorts.

The girl was a friend of theirs named Julie, the oldest in the group of friends for a few months and the second most striking after Deepak.

She promptly sat down next to them, forming almost a triangle.

Which was interesting to see, considering the long abdomen and her short arms and legs.

"Loki was suggesting that my meditation makes me look like a follower of Guru Meow."

The girl immediately raised an eyebrow while scratching her chin.

"I think it makes sense, although it would be very strange." She remained thoughtful for a moment, but then focused on the cat. "And the others?"

"They should be coming soon. What surprised me was that our spotted friend arrived first."

Julie laughed briefly and Deepak looked away, flushed and embarrassed.

Deepak had a reputation for coming last whenever the group of friends got together.

The three talked for a few minutes, until they saw two other cats approaching.