Family Is Family

I apologize for being late with this update.

Technically I should have been able to update on Saturday, but I had an accident trying to do repairs on my house and spent the weekend in pain and unable to stay far from my bed for very long.

*

DOLLY

Although Dolly is known for being energetic and having an upbeat attitude, at the moment the girl was quite down and full of uncertainty.

Right now, on this calm Sunday morning, the parents and all the pups were in the living room, with Doug pacing anxiously, Delilah and the two eldest sitting on the couch, Delgado next to the couch in his wheelchair, and the others were scattered around the room, either standing (Dante, Dawkins, DJ and Deepak), or sitting (Da Vinci, the three Dimitris and the Triple D) or even lying on the carpet (Dizzy and Dee Dee).

While Delilah, Dylan, Dolly, Dawkins, Da Vinci and Deepak looked apprehensive, Dante looked nonchalant, DJ was peacefully listening to music on his headphones, the six triplets were talking with a mixture of curiosity and excitement, and Dizzy and Dee Dee seemed to be just waiting as they talked to each other looking at the ceiling.

Everyone was waiting for the sound of their doorbell, which would announce the arrival of a visitor.

A visitor the pups only knew about the night before.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

YESTERDAY. . . _________________________________________________________________________________________

All the Dalmatians were in the dining room, with six pizza boxes on the table.

Originally, tonight's dinner was going to be a special roast that Dolly would make, one of the recipes she learned from Dylan, but because the triplets' livestream was so successful, the parents said it would be better to celebrate with a pizza party today and let the meat marinate for another day and roast it tomorrow.

Dolly was enjoying a slice of pizza, just her favorite (tomato sauce, cheese, pepperoni, ground sausage, ground pork, chopped bacon, ham and mushrooms), when she noticed something strange.

While all the pups looked excited, the parents looked apprehensive, with Delilah holding Doug's hand and looking at him encouragingly.

This immediately made Dolly raise an eyebrow.

Recently, it seemed like a lot of things were happening that were making the parents tense, and seeing Doug in this state made Dolly fear that today they would hear another shocking revelation.

"(sigh) Pups, there's something we need to talk about." Doug exclaimed, his voice hesitant.

And apparently, her suspicion was right.

All the pups immediately looked at their parents, waiting to hear what Doug had to say.

And even with everyone's attention, Doug hesitated a little before continuing.

"As you pups already know, last Saturday I met with my father, and we both had a rather... tough conversation." Doug then paused and closed his eyes, and after taking a deep breath, opened his eyes and continued. "(sigh) What really matters is that my father probably won't live much longer, and besides talking a little about his inheritance he asked me for a favor, and since said favor affects all of you, Delilah and I thought it would be best to consider everyone's opinions before deciding."