What's Going On Part 3 - Dawkins

I was reviewing the text, and I realized that I forgot to mention Deepak's age in the previous chapter. Deepak is eleven years old.

Please read the notes at the end of the chapter.

Let's see a day in the life of Dawkins.

*

*

*

Dawkins had a lot to think about.

As he walked through the park, the young dalmatian could not help but imagine the various ways that Saturday night dinner could go wrong.

In particular, with the part that concerns Dylan.

His older brother is someone that Dawkins sees with great esteem and respect, but at the same time he recognizes Dylan's limitations. As much as he is a good leader among the siblings and someone who was always kind to their family, Dawkins could not ignore the fact that Dylan had not been the same since his relapse last summer.

While walking distracted, he ended up tripping over someone.

"Hey! Look where you're going!"

Dawkins ran into someone bigger than him, so he had to look up.

In front of him was a dog whose muzzle was just above Dawkins' head, his fur coat black with white spots and with some purple spots on his left ear, wearing clothes that suggested he was not someone you should anger.

The other dog had his back to Dawkins, but turned his face to face the smaller dalmatian with an intimidating look.

And as soon as he laid eyes on Dawkins, his gaze quickly gave way to a friendly one and his tail wagged slightly.

"Oh, good morning, Dawkins. Walking with your head in the clouds again, from what I see."

The smaller dalmatian felt relieved, his tail wagging as he smiled.

"Hehe. Sorry, Dante. Something unexpected happened today. In fact, it affects you too."

"Really?" Dante immediately raised an eyebrow, the comment attracting his interest. "Don't tell me your siblings found out?"

"No, it's something else. How about we go to Lucky's?" Dawkins proposed as he started walking with a smile on his face. "I can give you the details on the way."

"Sure. A snack would go well."

The two dalmatians started walking side by side, Dante with his hands in his pockets and Dawkins with his arms crossed in front of his chest.

Both were happy, not only that their families were about to have dinner together, but also that they could spend the day together today.

Their friendship was very strong, and although they had their differences, the things they had in common were very important to them.

Just like the beginning of their friendship.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

ONE YEAR AND THREE MONTHS AGO. . . _________________________________________________________________________________________

It was another day of school at Camden's dog school. The school year had just started and in that second week the classes were still very simple.

It was the last class of the day, and due to the teacher having food poisoning, the 1-D class had all this time to do what they wanted and Dawkins was, as usual, feeling lonely and bored.