Too Strong To Tell You I Was Sorry

This chapter starts almost at the same time as the previous one.

*

*

*

DYLAN

Dylan was standing completely still, considering his options, as he prepared to ring the doorbell at Doug's house.

Knowing Doug's plans for today, he took advantage of his mother's idea of ​​organizing a picnic so that he and Dolly could talk without risking being overheard.

He had arrived a little earlier, and waited almost twenty minutes after Dolly's siblings went to the park to get closer. However, now that he was so close to ringing the bell, Dylan's nerves were once again turning against him.

"That's a bad idea. How can I be alone with Dolly? She was always unpredictable!"

The young Dalmatian weighed his options well, but in the end he rang the bell.

"(sigh) I have no other choice. Either we come to an agreement now or she may end up ruining everything with her impulsiveness."

Seconds after Dylan rang the doorbell, Dolly opened the door, smiling happily.

"Good morning, Dyl. Welcome back."

Dolly was dressed the way Dylan was used to seeing her, in a slightly bigger shirt and shorts, but what caught the eye was the shirt itself.

"Did she keep the shirt?"

The shirt was black, with several colorful dots similar to fireworks everywhere, and on the chest there were big colorful letters written "I Love Boom Night!".

The shirt had been a gift from Dylan four months after they met, on the first Boom Night that Dolly spent in London.

Dylan raised an eyebrow, slightly suspicious. He entered the house cautiously, and found himself accompanied by Dolly into the living room, realizing that her tail kept wagging.

The two sat on the couch with a short distance between them, making Dylan remember the second time they met at the park. There was a tension that Dylan couldn't help, especially with Dolly so excited.

"And how was your week?" The girl asked, smiling happily.

Dylan was still suspicious that there was something strange, but he knew that talking a little about other matters would help to make him more comfortable.

"It was a little... productive, I would say. DJ and Dimitri 3 already seem to like me, and I'm already making progress in planning how to distribute everything at home."

"Hehe. They sure like you. When DJ came home Monday, he smiled like he hadn't in years. And D3 was very excited to know that you will find space for their studio."

"Well, it is my duty as an older brother to help my siblings in the best possible way." Dylan then took a deep breath, feeling it was time to talk about what he wanted. "(sigh) Which brings us to what I want to discuss with you."

Dolly immediately changed her posture, devoting her full attention to Dylan.

"She really is unpredictable." Dylan almost let himself be carried away by his thoughts, but focused on what he had to do. "Obviously we cannot hide our old relationship forever, but we must be careful until the time is right. I don't worry too much about your brothers and Dizzy and Dee Dee are too young to understand anyway, so my focus is on getting Da Vinci and Triple D to like you."