School Daze

I wanted to post this chapter last weekend, but I had an unforeseen event and ended up delaying it.

There is a very important thing at the end of the notes, so I advise you to read at least that part, as it is about future updates.

*

DYLAN

It was early Monday, and as usual, Dylan was taking his morning jog.

"Dude, I still can't believe you do this every day." Dolly exclaimed, a little sleepy.

With a small difference.

The two teenage Dalmatians had talked a lot the night before, and had come to the conclusion that it would be more productive if Dolly accompanied Dylan on his morning walks.

As a result, the two were now halfway across, both wearing Dylan's red sweatsuit sets. That, of course, only for today, as Dolly would buy a set of her own later.

With a cocky grin, Dylan glanced at the girl beside him.

"So you mean the great athlete Dolly Dalmatian can't handle a morning walk? I'm disappointed."

The girl then huffed, clearly offended.

"You know very well that's not what I said. I don't have any issues with physical exertion, but I've also never exercised this early and before breakfast."

Dylan just shrugged, still grinning smugly.

"Don't worry, I know you'll get used to it. But until that happens, it's good to know that I'm better than you at some physical activity."

As soon as Dylan said that, the girl stopped.

Confused, Dylan stopped and glanced back, seeing Dolly's eyes widen, the lethargy from being early going away as a competitive look came over her face.

"Oh, so you want a competition, slobber face?" Dolly then smiled mischievously, doing a stretch that made several bones pop, ending with the ones in her neck. "So, let's see who gets home first." Before Dylan could say anything, Dolly started running at full speed.

The young Dalmatian stood still, eyes wide in complete surprise. Dylan then laughed and rolled his eyes, then started running too.

As fast as Dolly was, the fact that she wasn't used to the morning routine made Dylan catch up with her easily, and soon the two of them were running side by side.

The two exchanged glances, smiling not out of arrogance, but because they were having fun together. Dylan was enjoying the rush of adrenaline in his bloodstream, enjoying this moment with Dolly.

Until the feeling of dizziness came.

Dylan even tried to ignore it, but soon the dizzy feeling started to get more and more intense, until he started to feel a strong headache.

"Ugh!" Dylan groaned in pain, stopping where he was and supporting himself with one hand on the nearest wall, while holding his head with the other. "Damn it! This is getting worse."

It's been a while since Dylan started feeling dizzy when he exerted himself, and although he'd been able to ignore it before, now it felt like a bad headache came on after a while.