What's Going On Part 2 - Dylan

(In this chapter, we'll see how things are on 101 Dalmatian Street, focusing on Dylan, as well as a description of the house, which differs from Dolly's current house that was created for this story, and follows what I believe that is the design of the house in the series.)

The past part in this chapter is just after the one of the previous chapter.

This chapter introduces a character who communicates through sign language. When the text is like this, it is because the character will be communicating in this way.

At the end of the chapter, I will explain some points covered in this chapter, including Dylan's medical condition.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

TWO YEARS AGO. . . _________________________________________________________________________________________

"Oh my dog. Oh my dog. Oh my dog!"

Dylan was trying to control himself, but it was being really difficult, as the last thing he expected when comforting Dolly was for her to immediately hug him.

The young dalmatian was really happy to make a new friend, especially one who had so much in common with him, but that didn't change the fact that she decided to hug him all of a sudden.

Not that Dylan had an aversion to touch, after all dogs are generally very affectionate among their group and interact very physically with each other, whether hugging or nuzzling their foreheads. Dylan himself was always willing to give a hug when appropriate.

The problem is that one aspect of Dylan's OCD that he found most difficult to control was, ironically, the need to be in control of the situation.

Dylan had to plan each step in advance before taking the first one, and if things got slightly off the script he reacted in a way that varied between stressing or suffering a panic attack.

Like right now.

"Why is she hugging me? She should be super shy and she shouldn't be doing it yet, we just met! Hugs should take place after at least two months, soon after we get to know each other so she can lose her shyness and before we create a special handshake."

The boy's mind was bubbling with thoughts, trying to consider what to do.

"On the other hand, this can be good. If she feels comfortable enough to hug me now, maybe I can move the schedule forward. So, we could be best friends in five months instead of nine, and plan on going to the same college two years before!

But... What if she wants to take a course that's not available at the same college as me? We would end up following different paths and never seeing each other again, and our pups wouldn't grow up together and be best friends! Oh my dog! My pup will grow up without a best friend!"

While Dylan had his internal conflict, Dolly realized that he did not respond to the hug and broke away from him, blushing as she looked at the floor.

"S-Sorry, I got carried away." She already had a sense of what Dylan was like and found it strange not to receive any response and looked at the boy, getting confused when she saw his wide eyes. "Dylan?"

Dolly then waved a hand right in front of his face and was concerned when he remained motionless.

"Dude, you're scaring me."

Again, no answer.

Dolly was even more concerned. Dylan appeared to be in shock.

"But I just ... Did a hug do that?"