Chapter 10

Author's Note: Can everyone tell me a good book to read on here in the comments? About half of the chapters have been edited. 

#LLKV

Jasmine's POV: 

My mind was running but I couldn't open my eyes. My body felt limped as I tried to move around. 

I started to remember what happened as I thought about my baby boy. I tried to move again but nothing happened. 

Who could have possibly shot me? I asked myself. Hopefully everyone has been keeping themselves out of trouble. 

It almost seemed as I was lost in my own nightmare. 

In a brief moment I heard loud voices around me. "When will she wake up?" A dark tone voice said. 

Was that Von? I thought. 

Whenever her body allows her too. She was shot and has been through two emergency surgeries, not to mention having a blood transfusion. We have to allow her time to heal properly. 

"It's been four days." 

In that moment I knew it was Von talking. He was still impatient. 

"We understand, but in the meantime enjoy these moments with your son." The doctor said. 

We should be thinking of names for Jasmine when she does wake up Von, I heard Leah say. 

Slowly, I laughed in my head. Leah knows she was bad at names. 

No, we will wait for her to awake. Von said. I felt something gentle take my hand in theirs. 

Well, maybe you should get some rest. Leah said.

"I'm good sis, go ahead and head home." Von said. 

Baby, you have to wake up. I can't do this without you. Von whispered to me.

I wanted to respond so bad, but only heard myself in the process. 

Jas, and the kids are staying with me after she gets out the hospital. A voice said. 

Jacob? I said. 

When did he get out? I thought to myself.

Yo, JB don't start with me at the moment. My kids aren't going anywhere with me. Jasmine isn't either for that matter. Von said. 

I just asked you to do one thing while I was away, and that was just to take care of my sister. You couldn't even do that. You and Durk has let this rap career come between what should be important and that's family. Jacob said. 

Man, like I told you once we good over here. If you were so about the family you wouldn't have gotten locked up for some stupid shit. 

That shit really hurt Jasmine for months. Von said. 

Besides, we took care of your ass while you were locked away and your kids. That's what family do, we hold each other down no matter what. Get the fuck out of here with all that dumb shit JB.  Von said. 

My heart started to race, as I feel this agurment between them getting heated. 

I forced my eyes opened again and this time it worked. 

Lights were bright as I shut them tight again. 

I slowly opened them again, as I saw Von and Jacob standing near each other. 

"Why are you two always fussing over me like I'm toy?" I asked. 

Once again I tried to move and felt pain like never before. 

Jas, don't move. Where are you hurting at? Von asked. 

I'm fine. I said. 

How you feeling baby sis? Whoever did this I will feel it ten times worst. Jacob said. 

I half-smiled, This was something I didn't want to talk about at the moment. 

And, I'm not going with you JB. Don't be too hard on Von. He couldn't have known. Show him a little bit of respect. 

You guys are the worst sometimes. Can someone just let me see my baby. I said sadly. 

Whatever Jas. Jacob said as he walked out. 

I was unhappy. He always walked out when thing's didn't go his way. 

Von stood near the door with his back facing me. 

Von? I said lowly. 

Why are you standing over there? I knew the answer but wanted him to tell me. 

"I'm sorry. He said. I could say that a million times and it still wouldn't make this any better. This is my fault. He said. 

We can't control everything. That could have been anyone out there. I said honestly. 

You could have died Jasmine. 

But I didn't. I'm here, with you. I said. 

We both grew up in the same hood. We all have seen violence. You can't protect me from everything, nor can I. No matter how hard me try. 

Yeah, but I lost track of everything. I haven't been careful with my moves. He said. 

Come here Von. I said 

He sat next to the bed as he laid his head down on my chest. 

Gently I rubbed my hands through his hair. 

It will be okay. I will be okay. I said. 

I  love you, like I always have. Nothing will never change that. 

I could feel something wet trailing down my arms. I knew he was crying. 

I hadn't seen him cry since we had August 3 years ago. 

Nothing was easy, but I always have tried to make it work. Honestly I wasn't made at him, but who would do something like that? It was only us females out there. 

I love you too. He said. 

I started to hear soft cries from a baby crib. My heart melted. 

Von sat up as he grabbed the baby from the crib. 

He placed him in my arms gently. 

He was beautiful with dark grey eyes. He resumbled Von so much. 

I rolled my eyes. "Why does he have to look like you. I said.  

He laughed. "Because I'm really like that." he said. 

"Yeah, whatever." I said. 

I got you didn't I? He said. 

Barely, I mumbled. You followed me around long enough that I had no choice but to agree. Besides you scared everyone else off. It was only you to choose. I said laughing. 

Exactly. Nobody is real like me. He said. 

I rolled my eyes again. 

We should name him King Easton Bennett. I said. Besides if he survived all this crazy mess he is a King in his own lane. I said. 

If you like it then I do too. Von said. 

As if you had a choice.