Chapter 61

Author's Note: I know. It's been over three months since I last updated. I'm sorry! It honestly did not feel that long, but here is an update.

(NOTIFICATION GANG HERE!)

(1 month time jump)

Jasmine's POV:

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you!" I sang to Baby King in a gentle voice.

He smiled brightly as he reached out his arms for me to pick him up.

"I can't believe that you're already one year old," I said as I gently picked him up from the crib.

We spun around in a circle once as he let out a giggle.

I placed him on the floor and slowly kissed his forehead. "I love you, baby boy," I said.

Slowly, I pushed open his closet door as I glanced around once trying to picture the perfect birthday outfit.

I groaned as I remembered how long the day would be.

My hands trailed the line of outfits that hung from the railing.

I stopped at the Ralph Lauren light blue short set and grabbed his new white airforces to match.

King crawled towards me, and I met him halfway and scooped him into my arms.

He wasn't quite walking yet, but I knew that he would be soon.

My eyes looked into his brown ones as I laid him down on the changing table.

"Are you sleeping again?" I asked in a shy voice.

As I was going through the party details in my head, I remembered we had to be there at 2:15.

We were going to the zoo. I rented out the whole zoo for the next four hours.

It wasn't something that I wanted to do on a Saturday, but I knew we would have a lot of family and friends coming to celebrate with us, and I didn't want my kids to be the latest topic in the shade room today.

I rubbed cocoa butter around his legs and arms, as I placed his clothes on him. He was halfway asleep as I brushed his hair.

My foot tripped over a boy, as I reached over to grab my phone.

I rolled my eyes. "I still need to finish unpacking," I thought.

We finally moved to Atlanta two weeks ago.

"Alone" I grumbled.

Von and I still hadn't spoken, and he only called to speak to the kids on August's phone.

"It hurts a bit" my mind wondered.

"Jas!" Nicki called me from the hallway.

"In here" I yelled back.

Nicki stood in the doorway, as we glared at each other.

"So you're still not ready?" she asked.

I placed a few extra diapers in the baby bag. "I'm ready," I said.

She grabbed King from the changing table and headed downstairs.

I looked at myself in the mirror again.

My hair was half up in a ponytail. The two-piece light pink short set tugged at my body smoothly.

"Are you wearing that ma?" August asked me as I walked downstairs.

"Yes," I said with a smile.

He looked like he wanted to disagree with me but decided not to.

"Let's go baby girl," I said to Liberty as we headed out the door.