Part 49: Opportunities

Hey readers, hope you enjoy!

<Izuku's POV>

"Midoriya, come up and show the class your name." Midnight called out as I walk up to the front.

"Seeing how I couldn't think of a good hero name for myself, I decided to go with The Modifying Hero: Izuku." I announce, with the pro hero sighing in response.

"At least you gave yourself a title, unlike three people in the room." Midnight stated, while death eyeing Shinso, Iida and Todoroki. "Approved, but disappointed."

"Really? I thought you'll like an other reason for screaming out my name?" I countered while returning to my seat, leaving a flustered Midnight at the podium.

"W-well then. Seeing how everyone has their names, I'll be returning to my dungeon. Aizawa you're up!" The 18+ hero exclaimed, as the tired hero rises.

"Now that's over, here are the number of internships you all have." Sensei spoke, pressing a button to active the screen on the whiteboard.

Momo Yaoyorozu: 10,768
Nakano Todoroki: 4,123
Katsuki Bakugo: 3,556
...
Hitoshi Shinso: 3
Izuku Midoriya: 0

"Damn! Shinso wasn't even in the hero course, and yet pro's placed internships for him anyway!" Denki announced, happy for the new student/crush.

"It's insane how many offers were sent for Yaomomo!" Mina reacted, as everyone nods.

"She literally got support from All Might at the ending ceremony. People could make the connection that she'll be the next 1 hero." Shinso stated, challenging Aizawa's levels of tiredness.

"Enough. You all have 2 days to decide which pro hero you will be interning with." Sensei retaking control of the class. "If you fail to choose, you'll be at school with myself and Midoriya. Class dismissed." At that the bell rings for lunch.

"Young Yaoyorozu!" All Might rushes over. "May I have a moment of your time?"

"Sure! Um, Izu do you want to join us?" Momo looked over to me.

"Actually I have things to do to help our peers for training." I answered with a file in my hands, causing her to nod and walk with All Might. "Now then. Koda, Shinso- why is Denki already under your control?"

"He's trying to befriend me." Shinso answered, as Koda and I walk up to him. "Please tell me you aren't trying to do the same thing."

"Nope! I'm going to help you guys training your quirks." I stated, confusing the two. Touching their shoulders, we enter into a dull bland space.

"W-where are we?" Koda questions, as everyone notices the ripples emitting off him.

"That's weird." Shinso commented, as stronger ripples than Koda emit.

"This is my mindscape." I announced, creating a chair to sit on. "An issue with mental based quirks, is that people don't really know how to train them. This place is where mental quirks need to train in, to strengthen their abilities."

"I-I don't see why I need f-for this. M-my quirk only works o-on animals." Koda states in defeat.

"Humans are animals too." Shinso countered, looking behind himself. "Rise." Using his quirk, he manages to rise a block to sit on. "Your issue is most likely stronger mental fortitude, which means you will most likely unable to control Principle Nedzu."

"That can also apply to you as well." I state, creating a seat for Koda. "Your own mental fortitude and understanding is the reason why your control is weak." Causing Shinso to roll his eyes. "Koda. If you boil down your powers to a description, it'll be suggesting a creature with your voice and completely understanding the creature without the need of a language. That's a insanely powerful ability at your disposal, Koda."

"T-thank you." Koda replied, blinking back into reality as everyone looks at us in confusion. "To embarrassing!" Rushing out of the classroom, as Shinso rolls his eyes.

"Anyway, have fun with your new friend!" I announced, walking out of the class to leave Shinso alone with Denki. Walking into the cafeteria, I scan the room before walking Ibara. "Hello."

"Hello." She answered, as the class 1B girls stare at me. "How may I assist you? As long it isn't sinful."

"Unless giving you knowledge is a sin, then yes." I state while handing her the file, leaving a perplexed look onto her face.

"What is it?" Setsuna questioned.

"It's knowledge of every type of vine in the world. What's the point of giving me this?" Ibara answered, then turns to me.

"You are capable of altering your vines on the genetic level, making my control over your vines impossible while they are connected to you. This is a streamlined for you so that your vines can be used to it's full potential." I informed.

"Why are you giving her this information? Won't it lower your chance of defeating her next sports festival?" Kendo inquires, as the group of girls nods in agreement.

"The sports festival is meaningless for me." I answered, catching them off guard. "You guys have internships as well, correct?"

"Yeah! Everyone has at least one internship offer." Setsuna announced.

"I didn't get any offers, at all. And I don't think I'll get any in the future either." I stated, saddening them in the process. "Thankfully I'm aiming to be a hero similar to Recovery Girl, meaning that my future job is to be a support hero. It'll be my job to ensure that you guys live, and giving you the information to improve yourselves to save more lives." 

"If that's the case, do you have any information on funguses?" A girl with brown hair that covers her eyes.

"Yes, but I have to collect and sift through all the information that will work for you. So till then, I'll be off." I answered, as I begin to walk away.

"Before you go." Ibara called out, as I turn to face her. "Why do you look like a demon, when you can change your form so freely?"

"It's how I see myself."

Thanks for reading, and peace!