Chapter Nine: You're Scared Of A Broken Clock?

"Right then," I pulled my jacket off, tossing it onto the seat and pulling my hair up into a ponytail, "Where to next, Doctor?"

"Oh, I don't know. What do you lot say we just give it a shot, see where we end up, eh?"

"Sounds good to me!" Rose said through a smile.

"Alright! Hang on tight!" The Doctor flipped a switch and the entire TARDIS began to shake. This went on for several minutes, the Doctor reaching around the console flipping switches and pressing buttons until the ship finally came to a stop.

"Here we are! Let's take a look." The three of them headed towards the door without a second thought whereas I lingered behind them. I took the opportunity to dump my clothes out on the seat with my jacket so that I wouldn't have to dig through them to get to my tools. Then I followed them out into a rather large, dusty metal room that had to be a Spaceship.

"Its a spaceship," Mickey said, confirming my suspicions, "Brilliant! I got a spaceship on my first go!" 

"Looks kind of abandoned," Rose noted, "Is there anyone on board?"

"Nah, nothing here. Well, nothing dangerous. Well, not that dangerous."

"Well, might be best to do a scan just in case, yeah?" I asked, lightly elbowing him.

"Might be a good idea, yeah." I nodded and he walked over to the table which, from the looks of things, contained the ship's monitors. Rose walked over to join him.

"So, what's the date? How far have we gone?" She questioned.

"About 3,000 years into your future, give or take." He reached into a hole, pulling out some kind of cylinder thing, and suddenly the entire ship lit up and the ceiling panel opened, giving us a view of space above us. "51st Century. The Dagmar Cluster, you're a long way from home, Mickey! Two and a half galaxies." Mickey wandered over to the window, and Rose followed him.

"Mickey Smith, meet the universe." She said, with her hands on his shoulders. "See anything you like?"

"Its so realistic!"

"Dear me, had some cowboys in here." The Doctor said, still inspecting the area.

"Looks like they've been doing repair work...a lot of repair work." I pointed out.

"How could you possibly know that?" He asked. I raised my eyebrows, picking up a random metal part from the table.

"Typically, when there's random, disconnected metal objects all over the place, it means there's some type of mechanics going on. Its just regular human observation Doctor, do try and relax." He shrugged, looking back at the table.

"Now that's odd, look at that." He said, looking at the Monitor. I stepped up beside him to see a model of the outside of the ship, surrounded by a red ring. "All the warp engines are going." Mickey and Rose rejoined us. "Full capacity. There's enough power running through this ship to punch a hole in the universe...and we're not moving."

"So...where is all that power gone off to?" I asked.

"Good question."

"Where'd all the crew go?" Rose added.

"Another good question. No life readings on board." He bent down, beginning to fiddle with the nobs and switches.

"Well, we're in deep space. They didn't just nip out for a quick fag."

"Nope, I've checked all the smoking pods." I glanced at Rose and we both rolled our eyes in amusement.

"You smell that?" Mickey asked. I furrowed my eyebrows, sniffing the air.