Chapter Twenty-Five: God Save The Queen

"Transmitter...Transmitter!"

I ran outside the store to find Tommy and the Doctor standing outside of it.

"What?" The Doctor exclaimed. "What!?"

"No clue, no time to figure it out," I answered, "Doctor, she needs a transmitter, we need to find the nearest TV station."

"Where are we?" The Doctor asked, turning to look at Tommy.

"Muswell Hill."

"Muswell Hill..."

"Muswell Hill!' We shouted in unison.

"Alexandra Palace!" I said.

"Biggest TV transmitter in North London, oh! That's why it chose this place, Tommy!" 

"What are you going to do?" Tommy questioned as the Doctor ran back inside. Tommy rushed after him and I stayed outside, putting my hands on my hips and taking a breath. 

I looked down at the necklace, trailing my fingers over the strange circular patterns engraved on the front. The necklace can talk to me...it contains some kind of light that rescued us from the Cybermen, and now, it managed to somehow open itself and suck my consciousness out of the TV and back into my body. Is it somehow a consciousness within itself? Are my memories trapped inside of my locket-

"Mary! I need you!" The Doctor shouted, poking his head out the door. I nodded, refocusing on the task at hand and walking back into the store. 

~~~

"Is this what you want?" Tommy asked, holding up a lightbulb. I smiled, pointing a finger at him before ruffling his hair.

"Smart boy!' I exclaimed. "Doctor, status update?"

"Right, I need one more thing." He picked the pile of dismantled tech and shoved it into Tommy's arms before bolting across the store sending both of us trailing behind him.

The Doctor led us down the street to where the TARDIS was parked. He disappeared inside, shutting the door and leaving us outside to wait for him.

"What's he going to find in there?" Tommy asked. I shook my head. 

"We'll explain later." I said simply.  He nodded as I pulled my jacket onto my shoulders again. "I have to say, I'm extremely proud of you, Tommy."

"Yeah?" He asked, adjusting the pile in his arms. I nodded.

"The way you stood up to your dad back there...those weren't the words of a 'little twerp'," I stated, "That was a strong young man if I've ever seen one." 

"I should've done it a long time ago." He said quietly. 

"You stepped up when it mattered the most," I tried, putting a hand on top of his head, "And now you're here with us, trying to save everyone. Don't sell yourself short."

"Yeah, well...neither should you." He retorted. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What?"

"Got it." The Doctor said, exiting the TARDIS with a wire wrapped around his neck, and a pair of black converse and socks in his hands. I furrowed my eyebrows as he passed the shoes off to me. "You're going to need these."

I immediately sat down on the sidewalk, removing my heels and putting the sneakers on. I passed my shoes off to the Doctor, who opened the TARDIS door again and tossed them inside before grabbing a device off of the top of Tommy's pile. "Let's go."

He took off sprinting again.

"Does he always go running of like that?" Tommy questioned.

"Oh yes." I answered, putting a hand on his back and ushering him forward.