Chapter Thirty-Seven: Find You Again

We now stood in the Webber's kitchen, and Rose leaned on the table while the Doctor and I stood side-by-side against the counter. The Doctor scooped a jar of jelly off the countertop behind him, sticking a finger inside and popping it in his mouth. Rose cleared her throat, shaking her head and shooting him a warning look while I snatched the jar and put the lid back on. 

"Those pictures, they're alive," Rose stated, "She's drawing people and they end up in her pictures." 

"Ionic energy," The Doctor told her, "Chloe's harnessing it to steal those kids and place them in some kind of holding pen made up of ionic power."

"And what about the dad from hell in her wardrobe?"

"How many times do I have to tell you, he's dead?" Trish asked. 

"It doesn't matter, Trish," I told her, "Earlier today, I was attacked by a live, fully animated pencil scribble. Something about Chloe and this energy is bringing her drawings to life, and if she drew him, he's just as real as anything else." 

The Doctor made a strange noise causing Rose to jump.

"Chloe's real dad is dead, but not the one who visits her in her nightmares." He said. "That dad seems very real, that's the dad she's drawn, and he's a heartbeat away from crashing into this world." 

"She always got the worst of it when he was alive." 

"Doctor, how can a 12-year-old girl be doing any of this?" Rose asked. 

"She can't," I replied, "And she isn't. She said early that 'they need to be together'. She used the world 'us' but she wasn't talking about Trish. I have a feeling that whatever we were just talking to, it isn't Chloe Webber." 

I stood up straight as an idea popped into my head. I turned to look at the Doctor, who got the same idea at the same time as I did.

"Can I..." I trailed off, trusting the Doctor to interpret my silent question.

"Do you know how?"

"Do I know how," I waved him off, "Its my first one since I've been back. Ooh, how exciting."

Rose and Trish offered me disturbed looks.

"Right, sorry. Possessed children, not the time." I said, rushing past the and leading the way up the stairs. We all walked into Chloe's bedroom to find her sitting at the end of her bed. She looked between the Doctor and I, holding up her hand and doing the Star Trek symbol.

"Nice one." The Doctor said. I sat down on the bed beside her, putting my hands on either side of her face and closing my eyes. 

I could walk amongst her mind now, her memories flitting passed me like slides in a slide projector. That bit didn't matter for now though, because I wasn't trying to access her memories. I was trying to make her go to sleep. 

"And...there we are." I caught Chloe's head, gently laying her down on the bed. 

"I can't let her-" Trish went to walk towards me but Rose stopped her as I shifted on the mattress so that I could look down at Chloe's sleeping for. 

"Nicely done." The Doctor complimented. "Now we can talk." 

"I want Chloe! Wake her up!" Her voice whispered, still coming out of her mouth in spite of the girl's sleeping state. "I want Chloe."

"Who are you?" I asked, glancing between Chloe and the Doctor. 

"I want Chloe Webber!" She slapped her hand down on the mattress.

"What have you done to my little girl?" Trish cried. 

"Doctor, what is it?" Rose asked.

"We're speaking to you," The Doctor replied, "the entity that is using this human child. I request parley in compliance with The Shadow Proclamation."