Chapter Twenty-Six: Right and Wrong

The Doctor, Tommy, and I watched the rest of the coronation at the studio, and then headed back to the warehouse on Florizel Street to check on the faceless people.

When we got there, we found a crowd of people standing in the center of the warehouse, all of them with their faces restored. Tommy took off running once he saw his Gran, crushing her into a hug. I smiled, glancing at the Doctor as his eyes combed the crowd for Rose.

"There." I said, putting a hand on his arm and pointing her out.

He saw her at the same time she spotted us, and they both rushed towards each other before crushing each other into the biggest hug. I smiled half-heartedly, wrapping my arms around myself.

I saw something move in the corner of my eye, and I glanced over to see that Tommy had stepped up beside me again.

"I've seen the way you look at them," He said, putting a hand on my shoulder, "You think he prefers her, don't you?"

"I think...I'm in the way." I admitted, tucking some loose hair behind my ear. "I think he's in love with her, and she's in love with him, and I'm just...an unnecessary third party." 

"Do you want to know how I see it?" He asked. I shrugged in response. "I see...a man who has said multiple times in the last 48 hours that he needs you."

I nodded. 

"Because I'm here," I said quietly, "Because I'm him. My question is, if I wasn't here, would it really make a difference?" 

"It would to me." He replied. "It would've to Magpie, and my mum, and to all the people you've shown compassion and bravery since the second you arrived on our doorstep."

I bit my lip.

"Yeah...I suppose so."

I looked up again, mere seconds before I was nearly tackled to the ground by a hug from Rose. 

"Having a face is a good look for you!" I exclaimed, hugging her back. She laughed, pulling back to look at me. 

"I see the hair and the heels have made their departure," She said, gesturing to my outfit, "You did look stunning, but this is more you."

"And that's a good thing?" I asked, shoving my hands in my jacket pockets.

"Oh yes." The Doctor replied stepping up beside her. I smiled, shaking my head.

~~~

We escorted all of the previously-faceless people back to Florizel street. The block party was in full swing, and the Doctor, Rose, and I walked along the table at a slow pace, finally able to slow down after the chaos of the past day. 

"We could go down the Mall, join in with the crowds." Rose suggested. 

"Nah that's just pomp and circumstance," The Doctor argued, grabbing a cake from the table and taking a bite "This is history, right here."

"The domestic approach?" She quoted. 

"Exactly."

"Will it...That thing...is it trapped for good on the video?"

"Hope so," He answered, "Just to be on the safe side though, I'll use my unrivalled knowledge of trans-temporal extripation methods to neutralize the residual electronic pattern."

"He's going to tape over it," I explained, shaking my head, "Always overcomplicating things."

"Oh, just leave it to me, I'm always doing that." Rose said with a smile.