Chapter Forty-Four: Talk About Impossible

~~~Mary~~~

I had never had the privilege of facing a Dalek in person. I'd heard stories of course, both from my parents, and across the galaxies, but never once had I actually laid eyes on one. The last I heard of the Daleks...

Was from the Doctor...when he told me that they waged a war so long and so cruel that he had no choice but to destroy our home planet and kill every other trace of our people. 

And now they want to screw with me and the planet that I grew up on? 

Yeah...ok. 

"EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!" They shouted in violent, robotic voices. There were three of them in total, plus one strangely shaped pod that was positioned right in the center of them. 

"Daleks of Skaro!" I said, cutting them off. They stopped, their stalks staring straight ahead. "Oh yeah, I know who you are. My friend Rose here, she does too, correct?"

"Oh yeah, of course," She said, pulling her labcoat off, "Think about it, how do I know that? A human who knows about the Daleks...and the Time War." 

"It raises big, dangerous questions, doesn't it?!" I exclaimed, holding my arms out. I then took a step forward. "Keep us alive if you want them answered. Simple request." 

"Yeah," Mickey agreed, causing the Daleks to look at him, "Daleks, Time War, me too."

"Yeah, and me." Rajesh added. 

The Dalek looked at Rose and I again, its blue eye shining inches away from my face. 

"YOU WILL BE NESSECARY," it said, turning back to one of the flanking Daleks, "REPORT! WHAT IS THE STATUS OF THE GENESIS ARK?" 

"STATUS: HIBERNATION."

"COMMENSE AWAKENING. THE GENESIS ARK MUST BE PROTECTED ABOVE ALL ELSE." 

The Dalek moved over to the strange pod, extending its plunger arm and placing it over a sphere-shaped mechanism. 

"The Daleks? I thought you said they were all dead." Mickey whispered. 

"Never mind that, what the hell's a 'Genesis Ark'?" 

"Well, if we're going off bible terms," I theorized, angling my head slightly over my shoulder, "I'd guess its the ship that saved Dalek Noah and his family from the Time War Flood. A ship within a ship. Its like a Russian nesting doll of escape pods, oh that's just like you lot! From what I hear, everything so so convoluted, so overcomplicated."

"OUR SENSORS DETECT A BINARY VASCULAR SYSTEM! IDENTIFY YOURSELF! IDENTIFY!" 

"Oh, right, well My name is Mary Perdita, Mary to my friends, so I guess you can call me Mary Perdita." I said, pushing up the sleeves of my sweater. "Oh, and I'm a Time Lord, if that's what you were wondering." 

"THAT IS NOT POSSIBLE!" 

"Oh, but it is!" I exclaimed, putting my hands on my hips. "And you want to talk about impossible, well...we're just getting started." 

"Wait, seriously?" Mickey asked.

"Oh yeah, fun fact," I said, turning to look at him, "You've missed a lot, we'll catch u later." 

~~~Doctor~~~

Yvonne, Jackie, and I, along with the rest of Torchwood staff, were currently being held hostage in the rift lab, while Rose and Mary were stuck in the basement with Heaven knows what. 

"What's down there?" Jackie asked. "She was in that room with the sphere. What's happened to Rose?"

"I don't know," I admitted, "But she's with Mary, I know that. It gives her as good a chance as any."