nine. we are young

[ 1x05 shake your groove thing - part 2 ]

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

After Alex left, feeling a bit better from his mild anxiety attack, Mackenzie went back to searching Mrs.Drake's file. When she finally did, her eyes scanned for the main surgeon on the case...and it was Preston Burke.

Her and Burke hadn't had many interactions; she was on his service once and he was quiet for most of the day. He was really good at what he did, but he had a cold demeanor to him that made it hard to talk to him.

She didn't have a problem with telling Bailey the discovery (although she was a bit concerned Burke was going to loathe her for it now), but a complication arose when Cristina came up to her in the hallway.

"Rumor's going around that a towel was inside a woman for five years," whispered Cristina as she kept up with the blonde. "Who was dumb enough to make that mistake?"

"Dr.Burke," she told her.

Cristina stopped walking suddenly and Mackenzie had to go back to her. Cristina's face had turned pale as her eyes stared at the ground.

"Cristina, you okay?" she asked, placing a hand on her shoulder.

Cristina snapped out of her daze and composed herself quickly. "Um, are you sure it's Burke?"

Mackenzie glanced down at the file in her hand, remembering Burke's name in bold letters. "Yeah, it's him."

"Okay," Cristina nodded once before walking away swiftly.

"What the hell?" mumbled Mackenzie as she went to the office Bailey was residing in.

"You got it?" asked Bailey, holding her hand out.

Mackenzie nodded and handed her the file. She wondered what was going to happen to Burke. He was one of the best surgeons here, they couldn't just fire him? Right?

Bailey had no emotion in her face as she scanned through it. Mackenzie got anxious. "What's going to happen now?"

"You keep this to yourself while we work it out," instructed Bailey.

Mackenzie nodded, trying to hide the fact that she already told Cristina. Bailey gives her an odd glance before heading out.

Mackenzie needed the party to come sooner because she needed a drink. Lots of them.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.