twenty. what a feeling

[ 2x04 deny, deny, deny - part 1 ]

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Mackenzie took another shot before throwing the dart. It clanked to the floor again.

Alex chuckled as he went and picked up the darts. "You're good at a lot of things, just not darts."

Mackenzie rolled her eyes. She signaled Joe for another shot. "You're not better than me." Alex threw the dart and hit a bullseye. "I hate you."

"You love me," smiled Alex. He hit the other two perfectly. "I'll teach you, okay?"

Alex retrieved the darts and placed them in Mackenzie's hand. He put one hand on her waist while the other guided her hand. "Just line it up with the middle. There. Now, just use enough force to keep it straight through the air to hit the target."

Mackenzie tried to focus on his instructions, but his hand kept finding the exposed part of her back. "Okay, but you need to take your hands off of me. No distractions."

Alex lifted up his hands. "Sorry that I'm so hot."

She shook her head and repeated Alex's words again. She threw the dart. It hit the very bottom, but hey, it was on target. Alex cheered her on. "Great! Now, just a bit more force."

Mackenzie did as told and it hit closer. "Oh my god."

She twisted the final dart in her hands and released it. It hit the bullseye. She screamed a bit more louder than she should've, drawing attention from people around her. She didn't care. She jumped into Alex's arms and kissed his face multiple times.

"Hey lady, it's just a game!" A guy from the booth next to them complained.

Mackenzie flipped him off while Alex said, "Drink your drink before I smash it in your face."

The guy grumbled and continued to talk to his friends.

Mackenzie let Alex put her down and she grabbed his hand, dragging her to the table with her friends.

"I'm going to get us a round of shots. On me," she told them.

Meredith raised her glass. "Thank you Alex for teaching her darts."

Izzie handed Alex a glass. "I got you scotch. I hope I got your order right."

Alex took the glass and sipped it. He made a disgusted face. "I like scotch on the rocks. Get better hearing next time."

Mackenzie would usually scold Alex for being rude to someone, but she kept her mouth shut. She knew what Izzie was doing and she didn't like it one bit. Not wanting to make a scene, she went over to the bar and ordered five tequila shots.

"Coming right up," said Joe.

Mackenzie glanced over and saw Derek and Bailey at the bar. Her and Bailey made eye contact, her superior rolling her eyes.