four. apologize

[1x02 the first cut is the deepest - part 1]

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"I don't live in the best apartment building, so if you picked me as a roommate that would make my life easier."

"My mom irons my scrub. I have to get out of there."

"At least you didn't have a crackhead sitting on your car this morning!"

"I can cook and I'm an obsessive cleaner."

"Okay. That settles it. Izzie and I will move in with you."

Meredith looked between her fellow interns and shook her head. "No. I just want two total strangers who I don't have to talk to, or be nice to."

Mackenzie sighed and continued to drink her coffee. It was another early morning with driving Alex to work. He lived a couple of streets down from her so it wasn't a terrible detour, but she was scared she was getting too close to him again. She found herself enjoying his company at times, their car rides consisting of singing and talking. They didn't dare mention what had happened between them a couple of months ago because when it would be, their little bubble they were in would burst.

Bailey came out from the office and all of them headed over there quickly, Mackenzie clearing Alex from her thoughts. "George, you're running the code team. Meredith take the trauma pager. Cristina, deliver the weekend labs to the patients. Izzie you're on sutures. Mackenzie, Dr.Shepherd wants you today.

Bailey went to go up the stairs, but Meredith stopped her. "Dr.Bailey, I was hoping to assist you in the O.R today, maybe do a minor procedure. I think I'm ready. Mocha latte?"

Cristina was the first to come up. "If she gets to cut, I want to cut, too."

Izzie nodded. "Yeah, me too."

"I already scrubbed in with Dr.Shepherd," pointed out Mackenzie.

George shrugged. "I wouldn't mind another shot."

"Stop talking," states Bailey. "Every interns wants to perform their first surgery. That's not your job. Do you know what your job is? To make your resident happy. Do I look happy? No. Why? Because my interns are whiny. You know what will make me look happy? Having a code team staffed, having the trauma pages answered, having the weekend labs delivered, making the attendees happy, and someone down in the pit doing sutures." She took the latte. "No one holds a scalpel till I'm so happy, I'm Mary freakin' Poppins."

"Mocha latte my ass," mumbled Cristina.

"Why are y'all standing there? Go!"

After checking with a nurse where Derek was, she headed up to the third floor. He was on his way to an O.R when Mackenzie ran into him.