eighteen. old me

[ 2x03 make me lose control - part 1 ]

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"I'll get you a coffee before Bailey comes." Alex kissed Mackenzie's cheek as he swiftly headed out of the intern's room.

Cristina groaned next to her. "I still don't know how you two are together."

"At least she's in love," mumbled Meredith. "We're both whores who slept with our bosses and got left in the dust."

Mackenzie chuckled. "That should be a known rule."

Mackenzie finished tying her shoes and looked up when she heard laughter echoing the hallways. Izzie and Alex came in, both holding their own coffee.

"Alex, where's my coffee?" asked Mackenzie.

Alex glanced at his girlfriend, his smile faltering when Izzie took a sip from the cup. "Oh shoot, Izzie that was meant for Kenzie."

Izzie's cheeks blushed. "Sorry Kenzie! I thought Alex meant I could have this and not be his personal coffee tray."

Mackenzie pushed past the weird feeling bubbling up inside of her chest. "No no, it's fine. I'll just get one-"

"Come on people let's move it!" shouted Bailey as she came in to gather her interns.

Mackenzie sighed and got up, brushing past Izzie on the way out. There was no reason to be annoyed by this. Izzie made a genuine mistake of thinking it was a coffee for her. She would just have to go through a certain amount of grueling hours without caffeine in her system. Great.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"Kelly Roche, twenty three years old, in for a scheduled E.T.S. for treatment of Erythrophobia with Hyperpyrexia," presented Alex.

Everyone looked to Cristina to what that meant.

"Blushing," she answered for them.

"You have any questions about the procedure?" asked Bailey.

"Doctor..." Kelly started saying, but her cheeks got beat hot red. Mackenzie realized now the extent of her phobia. "Dr.Shepherd explained everything. He was very...helpful. He gave me some litera-sorry."

Alex leaned down towards her. "Don't be. Half the patients that come through here have the hots for Shepherd."

Bailey stared at him. "Dr.Karev."

"What?" he shrugged. "It's true."

Mackenzie rolled her eyes and grabbed onto his elbow. She dragged him away from the others a bit. "What did we talk about being an ass?"