twenty eight. wasted

[ 2x11 Owner of a Lonely Heart ]

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"Another one, Joe!"

Joe poured another drink for her, starting to get worried of how much she was having. "Mackenzie, maybe a water will–"

"Another." She held out her hand, waiting for the glass to be passed to her.

Joe sighed and handed her the drink. "I'm going to get you some fries to sober up a bit. It's on the house."

Mackenzie ignored him as he went off to another customer and swirled the olive in her drink. She felt the alcohol taking over her body, but she didn't care. It stopped her from thinking about...him.

She hated him so much. To fight for her and build his trust again, only to be torn away from sleeping with a nurse. He could've communicated with her and the whole situation could've been diverted. She wanted to scream and hit him in the face repeatedly, but knew it wouldn't do her any good.

Mackenzie hadn't cried since she found him and the nurse in the bed. She went to surgery for the quints and avoided all contact with him as much as she could. To her luck, she got paired with him to watch over baby number five: Kate. He was with the baby right now and she was given the night off.

Mackenzie downed her drink again and popped the olive into her mouth. She lifted the glass in the air. "Refill plleeeeaaaasssseeee."

Joe rolled his eyes and got her another drink. He also set down the fries in front of her. "Eat. And um, don't be mad at me."

Mackenzie was about to ask why, but the bell to the door rang behind her and she turned around to see Derek. He looked frantic as he searched the area. His eyes landed on her and be rushed over.

"Why are you getting drunk off your ass?" he asked, putting her drink aside and sitting down.

Mackenzie tried to reach for it, but Derek swatted her hand away. "You ass!"

Derek sighed, his annoyance fading into concern as he took in her appearance. "What happened?"

She shook her head, deciding to eat a couple of fries as they looked delicious right now. "Nothing."

"Oldest lie in the book," he said. "Come on, Kenzie, I'm trying to be like the big brother here. Do you want me to call Alex?"

Alex. Alex. Alex. God, she had that name out of her mind and now hearing it, she felt her walls beginning to weaken.