two. high hopes

[1x01 a hard day's night - part two]

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Mackenzie Sloan hastily put on her white coat that officially made her an intern here at Seattle Grace Hospital. Her light blue scrubs were under and she let her hair fall loose around her face. She ignored Alex's glances from the other side of the room and continued to make sure she had everything in place.

One of the doctors came in and started listing off names. She had gotten Dr.Bailey. She was scared in a way because her resident's name was 'The Nazi'. That couldn't be good at all.

Mackenzie's head perked up when a couple of others were discussing who they got. She heard Bailey from all of them.

"I got her too," said Mackenzie.

George's face seemed to light up. "I guess we'll up be tortured together, right?"

"O'Malley, Sloan, Grey, Yang, Stevens!"

Mackenzie looked around at her fellow interns in her group. They seemed decent, but the one who led them - Cristina Yang - had a stone cold look on her face. She was ready for this. Mackenzie, feeling a bit threatened already, stood at the front door next to Cristina.

"That's the Nazi?" asked Cristina as they all looked at Dr.Bailey down the hall.

Bailey was a short, plump woman. Mackenzie could've sworn The Nazi was going to be tall...and a man.

George mirrored her exact thoughts. "I thought the Nazi would be a guy."

"I thought the Nazi would be...a Nazi," said Meredith.

"Maybe it's professional jealousy," Izzie Stevens, the other blonde in their group, swiftly caught up to them. "Maybe she's brilliant, and they call her a Nazi because they're jealous. Maybe she's nice."

"Let me guess, you're the model?" asked Cristina bluntly.

Izzie gave her a glare and decided to go up to Bailey first. "Hi, I'm Isobel Stevens, but everyone calls me Izzie."

Bailey ignored Izzie and took a look at all of them. "I have five rules, memorize them. Rule number one, don't bother sucking up. I already hate you, that's not going to change. Trauma protocol, phone list, pagers -- nurses will page you. You will answer a page at a run."

Mackenzie picked up her pager, but almost dropped it when Bailey called back after them, "Run! That's rule number two."

Mackenzie got her pager and caught up with everyone else.