twenty five. stitches

[ 2x08 let it be]

[ 2x08 let it be]

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"No George, I got it."

"It's on me, okay? You can put away your wallet."

Mackenzie rolled her eyes and let George buy her a coffee. He got himself a bagel and after they were handed their items, the two started walking down the sidewalk. This was the best coffee stand near their hospital, so they went to it before rounds started.

"Whose service are you on today?" asked George.

Mackenzie groaned. "Addison's. I told her multiple times I don't want to see her, yet she requests for me every week. I swear soon I'm going to talk to the chief-"

"Ewww!"

George threw down his bagel in disgust just after droppings from a pigeon fell into it. Mackenzie chuckled as the pigeon flew down and started picking at the bagel.

"Nice to see you bought that pigeon a five dollar bagel," joked Mackenzie.

George rolled his eyes and looked up. "Where the hell did it even - oh my god!"

George dove towards Mackenzie, wrapping his arms around her and pushing her out of the way. For a split second, she was confused as to why George did that, but then a loud thud hit the ground. She looked past George to see a man on the ground, passed out from his fall. He landed on the spot she was just moments ago.

Her eyes widened. "Holy shit."

"Um...I-I'll call 911." George let go of Mackenzie and took out his phone.

Mackenzie felt like she was out of breath. She could've been seriously injured if it wasn't for George. She swore something inside of her changed in that moment as she watched George call for an ambulance. His hair looked really good today; messy, but cute. The light blue scrubs brought out the blue in his eyes.

She snapped back to reality once she glanced down at the injured man.

You're a doctor you idiot, help him! her subconscious scolded her.

You're also with Alex, so stop thinking about George. All he did was save a friend, it continued.

"Shut up," she grumbled as she checked for the man's pulse.

The ambulance arrived a couple of minutes later and picked them up. It was a very short ride to Seattle Grace. Bailey was waiting outside for them.

Once they got into Trauma 1, Bailey began presenting the patient's profile.

"Window washer fell from fifth floor scaffolding. Obvious open tib/fib fracture, but otherwise, okay."

"Equal breath sounds," announced George. "After a five-story fall he has equal breath sounds. It's unbelievable, do you want to hear?"