thirteen. fallin' all in you

[ 1x08 save me ]

[ 1x08 save me ]

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Mackenzie was still adjusting to Derek practically living at Meredith's as she made her way down to breakfast. She rolled her eyes when Derek had picked out cereal again.

"Eggs are good. I make good eggs," she told Derek as she went straight to the stove and placed a pan on there. She had barely any room to work with as Izzie spent all night cooking cupcakes for some reason.

Derek poured his cereal proudly. "They were okay in New York."

"Is that why you came over all the time and ate them?" asked Mackenzie.

She heard Derek chuckled behind her as she cracked a couple of eggs into the pan.

"I keep forgetting you two have such a past," said Meredith. "What was it like in New York?"

Mackenzie didn't answer, knowing she'd let the name Addison slip from her mouth. She hated lying to Meredith. Well, she had forgotten about Addison as of recently, but now that she remembered, she felt guilty. In a way, Addison didn't deserve to be in Derek's life anymore. She screwed his best friend, her brother. She was surprisingly on Derek's side. More so of her issues with Mark.

"It was fun," Derek finally answered. "Nothing special, though."

"Oh, come on. Everyone has amazing stories from New York," said George.

When no one was looking, Mackenzie threw an orange at the back of his head. George turned around to ask why, but Mackenzie gave him a look and he didn't speak again.

"I don't like talking about New York because of Mark," said Mackenzie. "We don't have the best relationship."

Mackenzie didn't like talking about Mark with anyone, but she needed to say something to get the topic of New York and Derek's life there diverted. Meredith's curiosity seemed to die down for the time being as no one else spoke for the rest of breakfast.

After Mackenzie ate her eggs and washed her plate, Derek came up behind her and put his bowl in the sink.

"Thank you," he whispered to her.

"Am I on your service today?"

"Yes."

She smiled back at him. "Then you're welcome."

As insisted by George and Izzie, they rode with Mackenzie while Derek drove Meredith to work. The two were way too descriptive with events that happened the night before, especially Derek.