twenty three. right where you left me

[ 2x07 something to talk about - part 1]

*skipped 2x06*

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

The last couple of days were brutal for Mackenzie Sloan. A train crash caused an influx of patients in the hospital and a tragic death of Bonnie Crasnoff. She was impaled on a pole with another man named Tom Maynard. She found it so odd that she could remember their names even after the many patients she had to treat the rest of that day.

It was a long twenty four hour shift for Mackenzie since the train wreck caused her to stay at the hospital through the night until her rounds in the next morning. After getting a decent amount of sleep, she was ready for the day ahead.

She was also ready to beat Derek's ass.

"What the hell?" she barged into the neuro lab once she saw Derek in there. She gave him a slap on his perfectly gelled hair.

Derek's hands immediately went to fix his hair. "Why in the world would you do that?"

"Because Meredith hasn't spoken to anyone in a day and you chose cheating Addison over her," yells Mackenzie.

Derek goes over and closes the door. He turns to Mackenzie with a cold expression. "You need to keep your voice down."

"But why Addison?" asks Mackenzie. "I'm not just advocating for Meredith because she's my best friend – well, okay that's part of it – but, you two were going good!"

Derek sighs. "I know that, Kenzie. Addison's my wife, though. She's family. Our family."

Mackenzie scoffed. "She's not my family."

"Yes she is," countered Derek. "We were all happy and living fine in Manhattan."

"Derek that was when I was a teenager. Even then I wasn't happy," explained Mackenzie. "I went to med-school in Iowa to get away from Mark's shadow."

"You know I would've paid for you to go somewhere else since your parents cut you off," said Derek.

"Then I wouldn't have met the love of my life," stated Mackenzie. "Okay, we're really off topic here–"

"Bailey sent me on your service, Dr. Shepherd."

Mackenzie let out an awkward cough as Alex stood at the doorway. He gave her a solemn expression as he heard some of the argument between them.