sixteen. cruel summer

[ 2x01 raindrops keep falling on my head - part 2 ]

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"There's a lot of talk going on about you."

Mackenzie rolled her eyes as she checked up on Joe. He was her favorite bartender and he may know too many drunken confessions from her.

"Do they have to do with Addison?" he nodded. Mackenzie checked his heartbeat. "Well, that's it really. I don't like her."

"Well, there's something else too," said Joe. He pointed discretely at the desk behind her.

Mackenzie turned around. At first, she saw Alex there doing some paper work. However, when her eyes looked to the right, there were three nurses eyeing him and giggling. The nurses then turned to Mackenzie and gave her a scowl. A new light seemed to wash over her as she saw other coworkers in the room eyeing Alex.

"I'm betting he slept with all of them," stated Joe.

Mackenzie pursed her lips and patted Joe on the shoulder; a bit more harsher than usual. "You're all clear."

Mackenzie ignored the stares of the nurses and went straight for Alex. She grabbed his arm and dragged him down the hall into an on-call room. She locked the door behind her.

Alex smirked. "Oh, is this our on-call room sex moment?"

Mackenzie crossed her arms and Alex stopped taking off his scrubs. "How many nurses did you sleep with?"

Alex cleared his throat. "W-Why are we talking about this?"

"None of them can take their eyes off of you," she said. "Just tell me."

Alex seemed hesitant at first, but he soon realized he wasn't getting out of this room until he confessed. "Um, around eight."

"Around?"

"Most were after I got drunk at Joe's so I can't remember everything," he confessed. "But they meant nothing to me."

"I'm not worried about that."

"Then what are you worried about? We weren't even together when I did that," Alex pointed out.

"I know," said Mackenzie. She was about to lose it.

Alex sighed, "Then what is it?"

"You told me I was the only girl for you!" yelled Mackenzie. "When someone says that, they mean it. They don't just go sleeping around with other people. Especially a couple of months after their breakup. Especially when the guy follows the girl to a hospital halfway across the country to win her back. I know I said I was okay with it, but the more I think about it the more it bothers me."