ten. treat people with kindness

[ 1x06 if tomorrow never comes- part 1 ]

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Mackenzie's alarm blared in her ears as she rolled over on her bed and hit the off button. It's been a tiring week for her, having to stay overnight a couple of times because of patients. She knew it was part of being an intern, but the comfort of her bed was something she looked forward to every night.

Not wanting to be late, Mackenzie got up with a groan and started to gather her things for the bathroom. She swung her door open, but a clatter of glass and thump echoed through the hallway. She looked down and saw George on the ground, holding two half-empty coffee mugs.

"Damn it, I'm sorry George!" she apologized, helping him up. "Mer doesn't like that much cream in her coffee, by the way."

"Um actually-"

"Izzie are you done with the bathroom?" Mackenzie called out, George having a disappointed look on his face.

"Yeah!" responded Izzie.

Mackenzie went in the bathroom and tossed a towel at George. She chuckled, "Watch where you're going next time."

George caught the towel and nodded. He looked down at coffee mug. "It was enough cream for you."

After Mackenzie got ready, she made the decision of driving Izzie and George to work without Meredith as for some reason she was late. She caught up to Bailey and around ten minutes later, Meredith and Cristina joined them.

"Cristina, you're late," Bailey points out.

Cristina huffed. "Meredith's late too."

Mackenzie and her friends kept up with Bailey as they weaved through the hallways of Seattle Grace. She wondered what exciting case they'd get today as anything could happen in this hospital.

"When we walk in this door, you will maintain decorum," Bailey instructed them. "You will not laugh, vomit, or drop your jaw. Are we understood?"

What the hell is through that door? Mackenzie thought to herself. She's seen the inside of many people's bodies before, she could handle whatever this was.

"Good morning Miss.Connors."

Mackenzie almost did vomit at the sight of a huge tumor on the side of Miss.Connors body. She pushed Izzie in front of her to hide her face. Although, Izzie was just barely taller than her, so it didn't make much of a difference. She felt bad for the patient and that she had to live with this, but the sight of the veins and green parts were almost too much for her.

"So you can stare at an open brain but not a tumor?" Cristina mumbled to her.

Mackenzie nudged her and composed herself as best as she could. She was a bit surprised when Alex went up to Miss.Connors with a full on smile.