twenty four. jealousy, jealousy

[ 2x07 something to talk about - part 2]

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Mackenzie tried to focus the rest of the morning, but she couldn't get past what Nicole said. There had to be some reasonable explanation for this, right? Alex couldn't be involved with Izzie; he was with her and he swore he would be a better man. What if he fell into his old ways and was still sleeping around with others? No. She had to trust that he was doing better.

She stared at her sandwich as her friends gathered at the table for lunch. She tried to keep a calm demeanor as Izzie sat across from her.

Her thoughts were interrupted when George sat down next to her and angrily stabbed his salad. "A pregnant guy? You had a pregnant guy, and didn't tell me?"

"Well, we can get you floor space in the O.R. for fifty bucks," joked Izzie.

"You're selling tickets and we don't even know what's wrong with him," said Meredith.

Cristina chuckled. "Whatever he's got inside has got to come out. We're just brokering a few deals."

"Sort of like backstage passes, you want in on the cash?" asked Izzie.

"I didn't get a pregnant guy! I was Burke's new go-to guy. But that's over thanks to you," he said as he eyed Cristina. "He didn't know I knew you two were together."

"What about you Kenzie? Floor tickets to the O.R?"

Mackenzie glanced up at Izzie and shook her head. "I'll watch from the gallery."

She didn't know if she should be relieved or stressed as Alex rolled Nicole up to their table.

"Hi," Nicole greeted everyone. "I'm Alex's charity case."

"I like her already," mused Cristina.

"Are you volunteering?" asked George.

"Don't ask," grunted Alex. He leaned over and kissed Mackenzie's cheek. "Lunch good?"

She nodded. "Yeah, but I'm not super hungry."

"Why? It's not like we can read your mind. It's not like we have any idea what's going on in your tiny, tiny, tiny little brain," complained Izzie.

"I think that's enough," Mackenzie defended her boyfriend.

Izzie's eyes widened, but before she could comment back, Cristina's pager beeped.