twenty seven. 1 step forward, 3 steps back

[ 2x10 much too much]

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Mackenzie barely slept through the night. Meredith had a guy over, making their sounds echo down the hallway. This has been a reoccurring event for about a week or so now. Meredith would meet someone at Joe's and bring him back. Mackenzie knew it was a tactic to move on from Derek, but she wasn't going to call Meredith out on that.

Now at breakfast, she stared at the cereal in her bowl, her eyes fighting to close.

"Well, another sleepless night in Seattle," grumbled George as he came out of the laundry room.

"Yeah," agreed Izzie. "Who was it this time? Hairy back guy?"

"You know who I miss? Inappropriate facial hair guy," said George.

Mackenzie finally snapped somewhat awake as she took a huge gulp of her coffee. "The guy with the butterfly tattoo on his ass was nice."

Izzie nodded. "He made coffee."

Hurried footsteps came from the stairs and they all peeked to see who it was. Mackenzie couldn't get a good look as he rushed out the front door.

"And I shall call him running guy," said Izzie.

"Meredith isn't the only one keeping us up at night," stated George as he eyed Mackenzie.

Mackenzie rolled her eyes. "Alex's apartment is gross so we do it here. Deal with it."

Izzie gave George an eyebrow raise once Mackenzie went to put her dishes in the sink. George swatted at her not to say anything.

"You still like her," whispered Izzie.

"And you like her boyfriend," retorted George.

Izzie scoffed. "Please. I'm over that. You on the other hand..."

George threw one of his shirts at her.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Alex's POV

Alex grumbled as he did his paperwork, still annoyed by the fact he didn't sleep at Mackenzie's last night. Well, technically Meredith's house, but that was besides the point. He always slept better with her in his arms or vise versa. He felt more safe and was content knowing she was as well. He didn't like the fact that a guy who drooled over the sight of her was living just a couple of feet away.

If O'Malley ever put his hands on her, he thought with disgust.

"Hey babe," greeted Mackenzie.

She gave him a kiss on the cheek, earning a scowl from Olivia - who he gave syphilis. He shot her a dirty look back and she rolled her eyes, getting up and leaving.