18th Birthday Night

I had worn my magic out with the amount that Mother was teaching me over the years, (If I am being honest, I was a better witch then her), we practised all kind of magic- every spell we found or accidentally made we wrote in our thousands of grimoires. These books were priceless and had taken me ages to get to grips with. Mother even made me write my first one when I was 7! I was with my mother and getting ready for my 18th Birthday night. 

 I was about to leave but before I left I asked her why I was acting so angrily, I thought I was going to fit and at my own birthday. I couldn't possibly throw a tantrum at my 18th Birthday. Anyways, she had no clue why the hell either. I blamed the werewolf in me but I had no clue about anything concerning my animal nature. I just knew I just wanted to celebrate me becoming an adult and I needed to hurry up! 

There was a very magnificent bonfire waiting for us in the middle of out village, nothing like I had ever seen before. Our littelest 'brother' Henrik was waiting for me with some Vervain in his hand; Henrik was only 15 I think (I never kept up with the brothers only Nik and Elijah).

"Thank you little brother." I kissed Henrik on the cheek. 

 I took the vervain and made my way to the 'dance floor' where too many gentleman were waiting for me. I am pretty sure I knew who I wanted to dance with but Father practically shoved me into arms- I could see Elijah and Nik waiting for a partner- I was on my last suitor and I knew he wasn't going to let go anytime soon. It had felt like hours,  with a wave of my fingers he fell to the floor, he would wake up and think he fainted, no harm done. Oh well I got to dance with my brothers. 

Nik was first and of I already knew he was a terrible dancer, he seemed riled up as well at the fact of everyone flirting with me.

"You are surely not jealous Nik." I said sarcastically. 

"I don't even get to speak to you in normal conditions.  Let alone dance with you and on the one day I can you've wasted all your time with those evil beasts." 

"Calm down Nik- in fact I'll give you a surprise. Meet me later in the woods and we can dance the night away!" He smiled at my invitation and let me go only for me to be caught by the older brother. 

"Well hello, are you a suitor?" I laughed playfully, "I would take this opportunity to say that you have been the best dancer and the only one I would marry." 

"Chessie, marry me then." Elijah remarked, 

"You must be joking-"

"-I am completely serious." 

I had to whine and reply with: "Elijah, I would love to marry you, but we have to keep our meetings and even notes private, how in the hell would we be able to be wed." 

With that he ran, I don't know where, I wish had tried to run after him but it was like my legs were stuck to the floor and I promised Mother that we could have a family dinner, I don't break promises that's one thing I can say proudly.