Demons

I had been spending most of my time in the bayou as wolf. I was barely talking to Elijah, there was something going on with him. I had confronted him about it once...

I didn't know how to control my rage, so I ran to Hope's what was supposed to be nursery and started to tear everything to bits. I started with the crib bars, then the whole crib before Elijah ran in and grabbed me. I immediately fought back and walked backwards. 

He almost started flirting with me, now really wasn't a good time. 

"I killed her." I remembered her screaming and within two seconds I threw her on the roadside, I could taste her blood on my lips. 

"Francesca looked me in the eyes and begged me for her life as I tore her apart." I took a pause and the anger grew deeper. 

"But I don't feel better! I don't feel peace! I don't feel anything!" 

"It's perfectly natural given what you are experienci-"

"Nothing about what I am is natural Elijah!" I screamed in his face. 

"As a hyrbid you will begin to experience feelings with a greater intensity. It will take more time to master the control." I started to violently shake my head and whimper. 

"I don't want to live like this, Elijah! I don'r remember it like this. Nothing is normal anymore. I can't separate my feelings. I hate it." A cold tear ran down my cheek. 

"When I was living in the bayou, I finally understood the purity and nobility of being a wolf, I killed eight wolves before I got to Francesca, eight. Of my own people. What's noble about that? I acted no better than a... a-" 

"Than a vampire,"

I started walking towards him- 

"Everything has changed, and not just for me. I saw the way you looked at me before: and I see the way you look at me now. I was a mother and now I'm a monster." I was crying. 

"Things are different now, you can't tell me they're not." I started walking away.

"Chessie..." 

I didn't want Elijah, well I didn't then. But I did when I announced my engagement to the wolves so that we could drop the moonlight rings. They would get my gifts. 

After a lot of fighting, Klaus convinced me to marry Jackson and also to go and tell Elijah. 

...

I was going to see my daughter for the first time in months. Nik and I talked all about how I didn't love Jackson but he threw himself all over me from the day that I met him. I was already engaged but now I decided that I loved Elijah and Klaus. 

But all those thoughts disappeared as soon as I saw my baby's face. I ran out of the car as soon as it came to a stop. I sprinted faster to go to see her and took her from Elijah's arms. She giggled and smiled at me.

"Mommy's here." I kissed her on the head and bounced her up and down. 

Nik ran up to us and smiled at me and Hope, "It's our daughter, we have her back." 

He took her from my arms and pulled one hand round my waist. 

"He definitely wants you to marry Jackson." 

"Maiya?!" 

"Here I am!"  

I thrust away from Nik and Hope's grip and ran into my sister's arms.