Family Drama

Rebekah had finally been undaggered after more than 50 years and she felt so betrayed by Marcel. Nik had also made the horrible decision to undagger Kol as well. 

It was 1914 and a supernatural war was brewing in New Orleans where the witches split up into two sides: Klaus Mikaelson and Kol Mikaelson. I knew about the plans and objects that Kol had been stirring up. He had been teaching witches to make Dark Objects each with special abilities to savour the magic of the witches and they were all baby steps up to making a replica of Klaus' daggers. 

Elijah and I had stayed out of the feud and drama plus we had a lot of time to ourselves.

The amount of nights I got to spend with Elijah Mikaelson. My favourite was my birthday.

...

"Happy Birthday Francesca." Elijah said from the doorway. He was holding a bottle of red wine. "I have the whole night to celebrate with you." 

I smiled but then panicked about what I was wearing; "Elijah, I need to change! I look like a slopping house-maid." He laughed at me and pointed his eyes to upstairs giving me the chance to rush upstairs and grab a blue gown. 

I walked down the stairs and looked at Elijah's mesmerized face as I reached the bar. 

He made his way behind the bar table and poured me a glass of red wine. 

"Pity, I was expecting blood." 

I moved the cup to my lips and tasted the ancient wine on my lips... "This is amazing Elijah." 

He smiled at me and leaned over to me, I kissed him whilst leaning over to the bar side. 

"Thank you Elijah."

"I love you Chessie," He said whilst I was laying on the bar table. 

His hands slowly unzipped the back of my dress and slid the blue fabric down until it landed on the floor. 

"I love you more than you could know Elijah." With that I heard the door open and I grabbed my dress and ran to my room. 

"Happy Birthday Chessie!" Nik shouted as he marched in. "I brought food!" 

I could smell the blood he had brought into the house and couldn't ignore it, I threw the dress on and jumped downstairs before sinking my fangs into the fresh meat enjoying my birthday meal. 

"Thanks Hunny!" I said to Nik before making my way upstairs.

 ...

Nik and Marcel came home one night and told us about the way he stopped Kol's massive plan and the took the diamond Kol needed to make the daggers. Kol was scared of Klaus after he trapped his most powerful witches in a house with a very powerful boundary spell and it was so strong that the New Orleans witches continyed to use it as a witchy asylum. 

A ball was thrown for the end of the family civil war. Elijah and I tried very hard to keep his hands off me as possible. Of course Nik showed me off and kissed me every minute in my beautiful dress with a feather in my hair, I danced my feet off (if I'm being honest Nik was quite romantic). I went off with Rebekah and went to see Kol's date, she was very beautifiul but gave me a very weird vibe- I felt like I had a connection with her. 

Then we made a toast to our family and the safety of New Orleans- and our first family picture was taken together. 

This peace did not last long- Nik learned of Kol's plan to make the daggers through Rebekah and afterwards, Nik and Elijah backed him into a corner and in front of everyone where they daggered Kol again. AGAIN!

If this wasn't bad enough, within the space of 2 years the family was falling apart again. Marcel was protesting against Nik and decided to sign up to fight in the war. The conversation was scary to be a part of but I decided to catch up to Marcel:

"Hey!" 

"Chessie..." Marcel grunted. 

"That's no way to talk to a lady Marcellus and anyways I have come to tell you about how proud I am of you and how much I want you to go and do this."

"Who's set this up to do this?" 

I pushed him against a wall,

"In no way is that right to talk to a lady, I am doing this to help- you get out of here now and don't leave until you bring back victory. I'll see you after the war Marcellus."

I let go of him and went to find the probably moody Nik, I found him looking at our family's crest.

"He'll be back Nik, he's a Mikaelson. Family first, always and forever."