Take Me or Leave Me

I ran to my house, I may or may not have compelled someone to let me in then move somewhere else- so no one could get in. 

"God, where's my emergency stash of alcohol. I need whiskey a-sap!" I was running through with Elijah's coat over my shoulders.  

I heard footsteps outside, then a brick flew at the window. I was planning to run out back but um well Elijah was there. I was being closed in by the Mikaelson brothers- if you tried to get out of the that situation- well you don't you just don't. I sorta panicked and grabbed my whiskey and ran upstairs and found myself with my back against a crib. Just being near it brought up the memories of my baby that I killed- that nightmare still haunted me. I had to keep quiet, I couldn't let either of them hear me crying and muttering about it.

Imagine if me and Nik ever had a baby- it was impossible now (the whole vampires can't procreate) but god, even if me and Elijah did It would be heaven. But I couldn't start talking about babies if I was too scared to see the men. I wasn't a naive baby anymore, I was the stongest creature on Earth, I couldn't be scared to see the people I love. 

"I will break down every inch of this house until you come out Chessie!" Nik was screaming. Back to the fate thing I also have a talent to show up at the wrong moments: as soon as I came downstairs a broken wood stair stake pierced through my heart. 

"What a nice way to greet me again boys, that was very pleasant and now I'm covered in blood." 

I ran out of the house and was followed by both of them on the driveway. They both stared at me as if I was a trophy... It was nice to finally be appreciated again (unless of course it was all a trick) and especially by the two people I had missed the most. Elijah and Nik didn't seem to say anything for a while but my body was all bloody so I just wanted to shower. However, I had to say the thing I had been waiting to say this for the longest time:

"Niklaus, Elijah, I know this might take time but I want to stay with you. You're my family, you're the only men I love. I have made the biggest mistakes of my life concerning not coming back to you." I mean did I mean it yes and did I say it like I meaned it- yes. 

Nik's face lit up but Elijah had the scariest look on his face. I swear he had been possessed by my real Father. I was scared and ready to leave but I had to throw in.

"Look, I haven't slept properly in over a year, I need a shower and you can either take me or leave me!" 

They didn't even look at each other, before in sync saying urgently- "TAKE!" 

I blushed so hard I think my cheeks looked like ripe tomatoes, "Well I have no clue where you're staying but I would really love to sleep..."

The first time I had heard Elijah speak since I turned into a wolf, "We'll take you to a place we know, you can sleep there and then we'll plan the future." 

I was so tired that on the car journey home, I fell alseep, and I wouldn't be waking up anytime soon.

As Elijah:

After all these years, Chessie was still alive and still loved me. I couldn't believe what hapenned in the woods- I can't believe what hapenned all those years ago. She had changed so much yet so little- she was the only person I could never understand but the only woman I had truly loved (well apart from Tatia). 

We were all in the car taking Chessie back to where we were staying, she was so beautiful (just as I remember) but I was so torn between her. I loved her but I didn't- I knew her but I didn't. All my thoughts were just about her. I so desperately wanted to get my family back together but I really think that I still wanted to run away with someone and start a family.

Nik was driving and Chessie was in the back seat, she said she was really tired and hadn't slept in a year, I wonder what she's been doing to not sleep. 

"Elijah, you seem to look deep in thought, you're not thinking about Chessie are you?" 

"No Niklaus, I assure you I am not..." that was a thick lie. 

It was going to be a long car ride.