Elijah's Return

Maiya and I were in the house alone and we had nothing to do, I led her upstairs and she decided to snoop through old family relics... I decided to read through Elijah's journals. He was a very good writer and kept lots of his memories wrote down in ancient books.

Elijah's Journal:

August 1359: I have noticed a difference in my siblings. Our bond strains beneath the pressure of our life as vampires. Each day removes them further from the humanity we once possessed. I am still on the hunt to find my Chessie but have not been successful whatsoever. My sweet sister Rebekah has grown quite indifferent to brutality. However the true problem remains my brother Niklaus. He continues to hide his loneliness with cruelty and I know he needs her. Still, I cling to the hope that I, as their eldest brother, can lead them down the correct path and find her. A path charged with the power of a family united... For if I fail- our family's legacy will end in darkness.

"God Maiya, you have no idea what this family has been through, Ni- I mean Klaus has been very secretive and scary recently. I'm not used to seeing him like this."

"Liven up sister! We have the whole house to o-"

"Nope- I can hear them downstairs. That plan's out of the window."

I went downstairs to see what they were plotting, I heard Rebekah mention about her new werewolf sister so I butted in:

"The werewolf would like to know what the plan is."

"Well, that depends on what plan you mean luv- My plan for global domination or Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel,cruel world."

"You two haven't changed at all- and no. The plan to rescue Elijah, you know- the good brother Nik. The one who is now in the possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back."

"In the front, if we're being specific."

"You two said that you would get him back. So is there a plan or what?"

Nik got up and started placed himself in the office chair continuing on with this heroic plan to save Elijah,
"Well, firstly, Marcel is not my mortal enemy he's my friend -albeit one who is unaware that I am trying to sabotage his hold over the supernatural community of the French Quarter but a friend nonetheless ."

"Wait a go on trying to make me feel settled in, people could know about my true identity. It's not like we kept me private all these years."

"I would never let anyone harm you Chessie and as long as you stay in this bloody house... I won't have to! And secondly, I daggered Elijah to gain Marcel's trust. If I had known he would place my brother in the hands of a particularly nasty teenage witch, I certainly would have weighed my options a bit differently. Thirdly, sister, please."

"And thirdly, the plan as you have demanded, is for Niklaus to simply ask Marcel to give Elijah back."

"I'm guessing that's not the only plan is it?" I didn't need an answer... I frankly knew him too well and I didn't want to hear about the other options. "Seems like I'm not needed. I'm gonna go and catch my sister up on this."

I went to find Maiya, heavens knows what she was doing.

"Hey Chessie, in here!" She was sitting on the floor of mine and Nik's old room and she seemed to be reading through Elijah's journals. Pretty ironic if you ask me.

"There's too much knowledge and words in there for you to understand sister." I laughed.

"He really did love you Chessie. Elijah seems to explain every little minor detail from every year they spent looking for you and every minute of your hybrid life with them so clearly, it seems like I could be there myself."