The News

I had left Mystic Falls and went back to where I was moved to as a baby. New Orleans. The second I stepped foot into the town I felt a weird feeling over me and it didn't feel like it was something to do with my wolfy nature. I felt my necklace radiate and found out it could spin. It had ancient symbols on it and I had no idea what it means.

Well I couldn't figure it out for long- I was jumped, by witches. I had been in their tiny little cave prison and I had found out some disturbing news. Do you remember that one night stand with Klaus. Apparently due to something to do with our genes and history, we conceived a child. I was pregnant. 

"Hey, what the hell are you doing?" This witch dragged me out to take me to the main part of wherever the hell we were. 

I could hear them talking about someone and then asked me to follow them... I saw a man in a suit who I have to say was pretty hot. When I walked towards him he also looked like he saw a ghost. I was fed up at this point.

"Who the hell are you?" 

He walked towards me and I actually thought he was going to cry. I kinda knew at this point that something wasn't right. 

"Give us a moment please." He said. 

He took me into a room and I sat on a bench. He stood up and asked me questions.

"Have they been holding you here against your will?" 

"They lured me out to the Bayou and grabbed me," I answered. "Then they did all these weird witchy tests, not that I understand how this could happen. I mean, vampires are dead, they can't have children."

He cut me off- "Chessie-"

"Whoa how the hell do you know my name?" 

"Please, let me show you..." 

He placed his hand under my cheek, and memory after memory I saw me but remembered nothing. 

"Oh my god, I mean- I saw us and Klaus and..."

He looked down at my neck... "I gave you this necklace back in 1900, you had to pretend it was from Father. We used a secret code to know when you wanted to see me, dove."

He picked up the main necklace and spun the letters round to spell the word 'dove' and then it hit me, every memory- every story, every adventure came back all at once. I turned to look at Elijah tears running down my face. 

"I don't think we've met, I'm Chessie Marshall..." I smiled at him.

"Nice to meet you Chessie- I'm Elijah, Elijah Mikaelson." 

Elijah turned to look at my belly- "Niklaus has gone off the rails... He is a different person- maybe your child will be his redemption, it could be a way to save him from himself Chessie." 

I understood everything now but with this new and worse Nik how the hell was I supposed to tell Nik I had finally got my memories back and how I had been kept away in Hell by my father.

One of the witches walked in: "I'm glad you feel that way, because we need your help."

"What precisely is it that you want, and what does it have to do with Chessie?" 

"We want to run Marcel and his vampires out of town. Klaus is the key." 

"Marcel! He's alive? When-" 

"Cut the crap pregnant..." I was quite offended by this young witches remark. " Everything Marcel learned about being a vampire was from Klaus, Marcel trusts him- looks up to him. He won't see the betrayal coming." 

Elijah put her on the spot-" As you may well know, my brother doesn't like to be told what to do." 

"That's why I brought you here. Marcel drew the werewolves out of town decades ago, do you really think he's going to welcome a hybird baby to the neighbourhood. Convince Klaus to help us and no one will know about the newest member of the original family." 

"That sounds remarkably like blackmail,"

"Like I said- I'm desperate." 

I looked at Elijah, he took a breath.

"Well then... I have my work cut out for me, don't I?" 

Nik was standing in front of me and nearly in tears at the sight of pregnant me- was I already that bad? God! 

"No, it's impossible!"

"I said the same thing myself." 

"This is a lie, You're not Chessie- you're lying. Vampires cannot procreate anyways..." 

"But werewolves can- Magic made you a vampire, but you were born a werewolf. You were both the original hybrids, the first of your kind and this pregnancy is one of nature's loopholes." The witch was trying to keep Nik on the same page.

"Nik, I promise you it's me remember that night in the compound when Marcel left the compound! Then you gave me that special poem-" 

He turned at me and pointed his finger: "You've been with someone else, admit it!" 

"Hey, I've spent days held captive in a freaking alligator bayou because they think that I'm carrying some magical miracle baby. Don't you think I would've fessed up if it wasn't yours Nik?"

"My sister gave her life to perform the spell she needed to confirm her pregnancy. Because of Jane-Anne's sacrifice, the lives of the girl and her baby are now controlled by us. We can keep them safe- or we can kill them."

Nik looked up for a moment at me and I could feel the fear of him picturing me dead again. 

"If you don't help us take down Marcel, so help me, Chessie won't live long enough to see her first maternity dress." 

"Wait what?" I said after the witch was making her threats. 

Elijah was really on edge and Nik had thousands of emotions burning right now.

"Enough of this. If you want Marcel dead- I'll do it myself." 

"No. We can't not yet. We have a clean plan that we need to follow and there are rules.

Nik's feeling slowly turned into rage, "How dare you command me, threaten with what you wrongfully percieve my weaknesses. This is a pathetic deception. I won't hear anymore lies. Chessie died!"

"Niklaus!" Elijah shouted, " listen." 

Nik turned to look at me, I cupped my belly. I saw it- hope. The Nik that I loved was back. But not for long. He stared into my eyes... 

"Kill her and the baby. What do I care?" 

Once Nik was gone I didn't want to wait around any longer, "Screw this, I'm outta here." I was blocked off by more witches. Elijah put his arm around me.

"No one touches the girl, I will fix this." 

Elijah and Nik had gone and I was cornered into a corner. 

The witches were talking who haw and then Elijah came in. I phased out whilst they were talking until the witch pushed my boundaries...

She grabbed a needle and pierced her palms : "Ow!" I shouted, I looked at my hand. It was bleeding. "What the hell?" 

"The spell my sister performed, the one that got her killed- didn't just confirm the pregnancy. It linked me to Chessie. So anything that happens to me, happens to her. Which means her life is in my hands. Klaus may not care about his child, but it's very clear what it already means to you. If I have to hurt Chessie or worse to ensure that I have your attention, I will." 

"You would dare threaten an original?" Elijah remarked.

"I have nothing to lose." I found out this bitch witch was called Sophie Deveraux. "You have until midnight to get Klaus to change his mind." 

That scared the crap out of me. I was mortal and now pregnant, Nik hated me and Elijah had left. Great, just great.